A few questions for the men

A place to post Polls

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

A few questions for the men

Postby KSSunflower » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:23 am

I took an online quiz about men and sex. These were some of the things it mentioned.

1) The average man's refractory period is anywhere from 1 minute to 1 hour.

2) 75% of men reach orgasm after 2 minutes of masturbation.

3) The average male orgasm lasts between 5 and 22 seconds.

4) 1 in 4 men have faked an orgasm.

I knew about refractory time and orgasms not lasting very long. Are you the average male? If not, how do you differ? I knew it didn't take long to reach orgasm, but 2 minutes seems quick. Do you find that to be accurate? Does it take longer when having sex? And the last one just really surprised me. I'm wondering how that works. Have you ever faked an orgasm?
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Re: A few questions for the men

Postby greywolfe13 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:36 am

KSSunflower wrote:I took an online quiz about men and sex. These were some of the things it mentioned.

I knew about refractory time and orgasms not lasting very long. Are you the average male? If not, how do you differ? I knew it didn't take long to reach orgasm, but 2 minutes seems quick. Do you find that to be accurate? Does it take longer when having sex? And the last one just really surprised me. I'm wondering how that works. Have you ever faked an orgasm?

I'm getting old enough that refractory is measured in days, not minutes. When I was younger it probably was about 30 min.

When I was young, lasting as long as 2 minutes would have been a dream, now about 2 to 3 minutes sounds about right.

My orgasms from masturbation are shorter than those from intercourse. I've never thought about the time though, when sitting waiting for a computer to accomplish something 20 seconds seems like forever. I'll bet the joy of orgasm affects time the same way so those longer ones are probably around that 20 second mark.

I have never faked an orgasm. Once when my wife was really wanting sex but I was tired or just getting well from like the flu or something, I don't remember just why I wasn't up to speed, I had very little orgasm when I ejaculated. My wife was afraid she had done something wrong so the next few times the situation was similar I made sure to show more of what I was feeling. She could tell it wasn't as strong as when things are going well, but it was enough she didn't feel like she was not doing something she should. I'm not sure that was faking as just being sure to show my feelings more noticeably. Since my first orgasms came in bed as a teen from masturbation I am pretty good at being quiet when climaxing. My biggest regret from those days, is it took a while for me to show my wife what I was feeling as I had spent so many years staying quiet.
greywolfe13

Postby Swish » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:01 am

KSSunflower wrote:I took an online quiz about men and sex. These were some of the things it mentioned.

My refractory period has remained pretty consistent my whole marriage of around 10-15 minutes. We've been married for about 10 years

I definitely am trying to last longer than the 2 minute mark, but if needed, less than a minute for me to orgasm. However I think that has been a small disservice to my wife.

I'd agree with that time of the male orgasm. Probably around 10-15 seconds for my orgasms on average. I feel like my wife's last about 30-40 seconds.

Never faked an orgasm. Have no idea of why a man would need to do that. Or how you would cover up the fact that you didn't ejaculate.
Swish

Postby ILMW » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:20 pm

I am capable of climaxing within a minute of stimulation, but rarely if ever allow myself to do so. I almost always do a slow build, reaching near climax several times before letting myself go, whether I am having sex with my wife or masturbating.
ILMW

Postby Bryan_LDS_husband » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:21 pm

1) When I first discovered masturbation at the age of 12, I could have them back to back to back to back. I remember doing four or five in a row, all within minutes of each other, staying hard the entire time, and only stopping because I had rubbed myself raw. This was probably possible all during my teens, although I didn't do it often because the recovery from such a session was days. Meaning, my penis head would be raw from all the rubbing, and shaft sore from so much ejaculating.

Now (mid 40's) about 12 hours.

2) masturbating: Sure. I could do it in two minutes. Or less But what's the fun in that? Making it last is so much more fun, and feels so much better. I like to get close, stop, wait for the feeling to go away, then start up again. I do this as many times as I can until the urge to blow is so powerful I can't contain it any more.

And during sex, I usually make sure she has already had four or five before I even try to have one myself, and by the time I start really f-ing her (pardon my French) with the purpose of having one myself, yeah, two minutes sounds about right. But by that time I've been inside her for anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes, letting he drift from orgasm to orgasm.

3) 20ish seconds sounds about right

4) huh? I honestly wouldn't know how. I mean, it's pretty obvious. There is physical evidence.
Bryan_LDS_husband

Postby KSSunflower » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:37 pm

There seems to be some variance. Thanks for the comments.

Not sure why a guy would fake an orgasm. I know there can be orgasm without ejaculation, maybe they play it off as that? Can a man ejaculate without having an orgasm?
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby MeanStreak » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:15 pm

I have ejaculated without having an orgasm. It is terrible. It happens maybe once every few months, but it sucks big time. I get right to the point of cumming, and I will stop a stroke early, and I will lose it. I still ejaculate, but no pleasure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
MeanStreak

Postby cmfray » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:28 pm

My husband has dry orgasms. Or maybe he is faking it? If so, he's a dang good actor.
cmfray

Postby Jgtrs » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:53 am

All that sounds about right, KSS. Like others have said, I generally last longer because I want to extend it out. I masturbate very rarely and don't remember how long it takes, but I think time to orgasm relates to several other factors such as time since last one, activities you're doing, how long and how intense the foreplay, and how long you wanna last.

I think guys can fake it if there's lots of fluids already there from woman and/or if a condom is used. I think it would usually be done to help woman feel better after having sex quite a while and after previous orgasms already occurred.
Jgtrs

Postby Arizona » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:59 pm

I've faked before. For the same reason women fake it. I'm sure women have to fake it more often than guys do though! haha
Arizona

Next

Return to Polls