Clitoris & Newlyweds

A place to post Polls

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

Did you know about the Clitoris on your honeymoon?

Yes, we both knew the importance of the Clitoris for achieving female orgasm before our honeymoon. (If so, how did you learn about it? Please explain)
57%
No, we found out soon after, by experimentation.
22%
No, we found out later by reading a book/TV show, or other non-personal informative source.
20%
No, we found out later from a friend, who told us about it.
2%

Total votes : 51

Re: Clitoris & Newlyweds

Postby Rosalieee » Tue May 12, 2015 9:39 am

I knew all about mine and told my dear husband all about it before we got married. So we wasted no time once married ;-)
Rosalieee

Postby beasty8 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:58 pm

Before we got married I knew pretty much nothing about the clitoris or how to have sex for that matter. I had orgasms, but didnt know that was the name, from heavy makeout sessions.
Since our marriage I have learned :)
I dont know if I would have it any other way though. It may have been nice to have better sex the first night, but it is a part of who we are as a couple.
beasty8

Postby Coriander » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:57 am

We'd read in The Act of Marriage, I think. And I knew about the clit from sex education in school. I shudder to contemplate how things might have gone otherwise.
You may be a master debater, but I am a cunning linguist.
http://mormonsnsex.wordpress.com/
Coriander

Postby be64 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:46 am

I told my wife recently that I only knew two things about sex before we were married, 1. push it in! and 2. pull it out!, then repeat.

Kidding aside, I knew quite a lot about sex before marriage. Biology class at BYU pretty much covered everything as far as "traditional" sex was concerned, however there was no homework allowed on that chapter of the book. :D

Being that this was long before the internet I also read books on sex in the library, but would not have had the courage to check them out. I wonder how access to the internet might have changed my first sexual experiences with my wife. I'll admit that after being engaged and prior to marriage I would act out sex over and over in my mind so as to have a plan as to what to do on our wedding day.
be64

Postby Lovey » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:07 pm

Nada...not a thing....for years and years.. And yet we managed quite nicely.
I'm glad he knows so much more now how to tickle all the right buttons. :P

Do you think you can know too much before marriage? Make the expectations too high?
Lovey

Postby Coriander » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:21 am

Expectations are probably nearly always too high, or at least unrealistic. I remember reading Anna Karenina before I got married, about how the male protagonist's honeymoon was a humiliating time for him and his wife, and I thought: no way, I can't let that happen to me, I want my honeymoon to be this playful exuberant f***fest, and . . .

I think it was our rudimentary knowledge of clitoral stimulation that saved the experience from being totally bizarre and absurd.
You may be a master debater, but I am a cunning linguist.
http://mormonsnsex.wordpress.com/
Coriander

Postby MrShorty » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:32 pm

lovey wrote:Do you think you can know too much before marriage? Make the expectations too high?
Interesting questions.

I think you can definitely make expectations too high. In fact, it doesn't seem to be too hard to find anecdotes punctuated by "that was it??" kind of reactions. Does accurate knowledge lead to expecting too much, or is it a lack of accurate knowledge that leads to too much expectation? Does our "sex is so sacred and special and amazing that we don't want to talk about it" rhetoric lead to accurate expectations or is this part of expecting too much? As with any first time experience, is it possible to avoid all incorrect expectations?

Accurate knowledge seems important to me. I don't know about how much knowledge is the correct amount of knowledge or if there is too much or too little when it comes to the honeymoon.
MrShorty

Postby be64 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:36 pm

I thought I knew a lot about sex before marriage, but 27 years later I realize I didn't know as much as I thought. I don't remember exactly what my expectations were, only that I was expecting a great sexual experience that I had never experienced before and I wasn't disappointed and having sex several times a day on our honeymoon allowed for working out the kinks.

For me sex has never been a "that was it?" event.
be64

Postby JustGettingBy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:32 am

be64 wrote:For me sex has never been a "that was it?" event.

It depends on how you say that. I would say sex has always been "that was it!!!!" With a big YES afterwards
JustGettingBy

Postby be64 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:32 am

JustGettingBy wrote:
be64 wrote:For me sex has never been a "that was it?" event.

It depends on how you say that. I would say sex has always been "that was it!!!!" With a big YES afterwards

Of course I wrote it with a question mark not exclamation points.

For me sex is almost always a "oh my goodness that was fantastic" moment.

Sometimes I feel a bad talking about my great sex life in front of others here who suffer, but not too bad.

There was that one time though awhile back when just as my orgasm was about to begin I accidently pulled all the way out and couldn't find my way back in and by the time I got it back in it was as though the orgasm had passed by without feeling anything, and I don't even know if I ejaculated but sex was over and I couldn't get any sensations to come back so I was left feeling like I had stopped at the brink of orgasm without the ability to continue and with no sexual release or relief. I still felt horny and desperate for orgasm and ejaculation but couldn't do anything to get myself to cum again. This is the sort of thing I have described elsewhere as bad timing.
be64

PreviousNext

Return to Polls