What were you taught about masturbation?

A place to post Polls.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

Re: What were you taught about masturbation?

Postby OkieDokie » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:16 pm

BBoy wrote:
OkieDokie wrote:I think I will stick to edging the sidewalk ... I can do that.

Just remember we're supposed to wear garments now when we work in the yard.

;)
OkieDokie

Postby BBoy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:19 pm

It does seem weird that yard work is specifically mentioned as a time TO wear garments. I guess a lot of men in Utah were mowing their lawns without a shirt on and grossing people out.
BBoy

Postby OkieDokie » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:03 pm

I wear them when I feel like wearing them .. But I am a bit on the rebellious side of humanity .
And I have been inactive about 12 years.

And we are off topic of the never ending multitude of threads discussing the very personal nobody's business but the one person envolved ....MB
OkieDokie

Postby BBoy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:03 pm

To get us back on track then: Do you think what you were taught about masturbation by your parents and church leaders affects your masturbation habit (or lack thereof) as an adult?
BBoy

Postby be64 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:31 pm

BBoy wrote:To get us back on track then: Do you think what you were taught about masturbation by your parents and church leaders affects your masturbation habit (or lack thereof) as an adult?

What I was taught definitely affects my masturbation habits today. Although I have a more relaxed attitude toward it now, I still don't allow myself to do it whenever I feel like it. If I had never been taught it was wrong, or if the church made a statement that it's okay to do, I'd be doing it a lot more.
be64

Postby mariabronn » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:37 pm

BE64:

Now that your eyes are opened about masturbation, what holds you back from doing it a lot more and enjoying it more?
mariabronn

Postby OkieDokie » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:58 pm

BBoy wrote:To get us back on track then: Do you think what you were taught about masturbation by your parents and church leaders affects your masturbation habit (or lack thereof) as an adult?

I was taught nothing about MB by my parents nor by the church I was raised in.

The church, Lutheran, taught nothing because I suppose they realized it was none of their business.
My parents taught nothing about MB just like they taught nothing about sex. Probably because they knew since they figured it out I would also in due time.

I was not raised knowing MB was evil. Hell , I did not even know what it was until college. Not until I became involved with LDS did bodily functions become evil. Not until my first temple recommend interview was it mentioned, luckily by that time at age 32 I knew what MB was or would have had to say... what is that? . That was the first and last time it was discussed.

I guess adult converts are not required to run the gauntlet of shame LDS youth are required to endure.
OkieDokie

Postby be64 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:25 pm

mariabronn wrote:BE64:

Now that your eyes are opened about masturbation, what holds you back from doing it a lot more and enjoying it more?

What holds me back is that I still feel it is wrong to do. It's just that I now feel that rather than it being a sin next to murder, I feel it's more like a sin next to viewing a "bad" movie, using foul language, over eating, or such things as gossip and envy. However, gossip is likely much worse than masturbation because it can have the effect of harming another person.
be64

Postby mariabronn » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:02 pm

Great way to look at it.
mariabronn

Postby zos » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:30 pm

mariabronn wrote:BE64:

What holds me back is knowing that my wife gets super upset about it. If I had her OK, I'd do it a lot more and wouldn't feel guilty about it.
zos

PreviousNext

Return to Polls