How open are you?

A place to post Polls

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

How open are you?

Postby ILMW » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:12 pm

I recently came across a situation where a married couple I know revealed without any reservation what objects they use when they have sex. Personally, I don't think I could tell anyone outside my marriage what sex toys or type of lubes we use. It's one thing to do so on this forum, anonymously. Do share details of your sex play with others? If so, with whom? Friends? Workmates? Family members? How detailed do you get? Does your spouse know?
ILMW

Re: How open are you?

Postby mariabronn » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:18 pm

I notice that some folks are uninhibited about sharing stuff and some are very inhibited. I only talk about things like this when I trust the listener.
mariabronn

Postby Kiss » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:59 pm

I share nothing, cos ages ago hubby asked that I didn't ' say anything to your girlfriends about our sex life do you' ??
So I said no ( and I hadn't..not really..) but from then on respected his wishes.
Even on here I don't share a lot. Except having a kitkat afterwards, but that should be compulsory after a heavy 4 hr sex marathon, surely

I don't want to know about my mates sex lives either, only cos then when I see them, I will be thinking about that gold fish etc in my head. So for me it's too personal...mates, friends, parents...no one, I don't want to know the inner details
And they won't want to know mine,I'm sure.

If I have issues, or I want to talk, then I'll talk to him.
If and when anything becomes a problem / want to try something ( we tried that alphabet thing the other night that cmfray shared from her 101 ideas sex book, I didn't say I had read it here, I just said..hey how about we try this.. we got to p and after that I heard snoring, so I guess the sex was finished. We shall resume the next letter next time . The deal was if you can't think of something beginning with that letter, to massage for 10 seconds ( or more!! :o ), then you just kissed on the lips for 10 seconds) hubby said why the lips..can't it be anywhere, and I said the rules state NO

My friend and I read the Laura book ( one after the other) and disgust that, but not in much detail and not sharing anything personal.
That's how I roll.
Kiss

Postby JustGettingBy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:47 pm

I say very little as my wife is WAY over on the "keep thongs private" scale. She was horrified that I told one of my good friends at church that I was on testosterone patches. She seemed that would be something you don't even tell your family. I don't care myself.
JustGettingBy

Postby LatterDay Marriage » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:15 pm

JustGettingBy wrote:I say very little as my wife is WAY over on the "keep thongs private" scale.

Typo of the week!
LatterDay Marriage

Postby LatterDay Marriage » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:18 pm

If there was a really good reason to share something specific with somebody I would, but that hasn't ever happened and I don't expect it to.
LatterDay Marriage

Postby KSSunflower » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:01 am

LatterDay Marriage wrote:
JustGettingBy wrote:I say very little as my wife is WAY over on the "keep thongs private" scale.

Typo of the week!

She probably keeps those private too. Ha ha.
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby likesnatural » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:47 pm

I am a very curious person sexually and other wise, so I have no problem being open. If I ask questions, I should be open myself (and am). I hope I don't offend the people I talk with that I am so inquisitive and I reciprocate by answering openly anything they ask of me. I have few secrets if a person really wants to know.
likesnatural

Postby LatterDay Marriage » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:56 am

Also, I don't like the assumption that not talking about it equals being inhibited. I think for most people it isn't about fear but just that they have drawn a line between what is appropriate to talk about with others and what isn't. A standard is not an inhibition.
LatterDay Marriage

Postby azpeach » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:57 pm

We (as a couple) will talk to others about sex and marriage but NEVER EVER divulge or discuss our personal sex life. NEVER!! It's too sacred
azpeach

Next

Return to Polls