Saying thanks to Don; why LDS sexuality has helped me

A place for you to announce your upcoming wedding.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J

Re: Saying thanks to Don; why LDS sexuality has helped me

Postby Don » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi all,

I wasn't going to write anything like this, but there have been enough questions that I guess I should.

I appreciate the thanks, and I want you all to know you are very welcome to whatever help you can derive from this forum. I pray always that this will be a help to people.

I started this forum because my own marriage had transformed from nearly sexless to pretty incredible over a period of a few years. This was largely due to contact with a few people who helped us overcome our problems and a lot due to Laura's book. Sadly, I lost my wife and companion of 28 years in 2008. I was blessed to meet a wonderful new lady in 2009, and we were married in just a few weeks.

I have discovered a lot of interesting things from others through this forum and have learned a lot. I don't post on this forum because I don't want to be seen as any kind of authority, which I am not. I have held many callings in the Church, as most of you have, but I do not in any way represent the Church or its policy.

I am in a position to easily support this forum financially, so that is not an issue for me.

I know that many disagree with the decisions I have made in management of this forum. Many think that it is "too racy", others "too conservative". I have tried to balance things to the best of my ability. I have prayed for hours about the "Non-Traditional" section. My initial thought was to remove it, but I decided that to impose my standards on the forum would be a kind of moral censorship that I did not want to be a part of.

I ask all of you to show love and tolerance for each other and leave judgement to a just God.

Your brother.

Don
Don
Site Admin

Postby bosshog » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Thanks for putting this forum up don. It has helped me and my DW a lot.
bosshog

Postby JustGettingBy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Don,

Thank you so much for assembling this web site and keeping it up.

I think you are doing a good job with the balancing act.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you, but is lightened by the good news of the pending wedding.

Thank you. Thank you!
JustGettingBy

Postby Kiss » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:38 pm

we were married in just a few weeks.

I think he was married quite quickly after meeting the mrs in 2009 jgb, as he said ' were'
So happy 5 th anniversary don.

This is a nice place to hang out, thank you for starting it don and for keeping it going, even after your loss.
Kiss

Postby BruceWayne » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:24 am

Yes, I want to chime in here and also say "Thanks Don!!" :D

Honestly, I never would have thought that such a place would/could exist until I stumbled upon it. (Can't even remember what google search led me here).

How can we spread the word about the forum? I think there are so many LDS married couples that would benefit from it. You wouldn't really speak of it on Fast Sunday in your testimony.

Anyway, yes, thanks again for starting, and continuing this forum. I think it's a wonderful place. And I agree that we should all try to get along and be civil to one another.
BruceWayne

Previous

Return to Announcements