Thanks for your help and I am signing off

A place for you to announce your upcoming wedding.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J

Re: Thanks for your help and I am signing off

Postby Jgtrs » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:24 pm

I've wondered what happened to those guys too. JGB still posts in StayLDS, so pretty sure he's still kicking.
Jgtrs

Postby Mrs J » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:31 pm

I'm friends with cmfray and momgyver on social media. I'll invite them to come back and post some more!

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.
Mrs J

Postby Deusdictum » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:54 pm

Mrs J wrote:I'm friends with cmfray and momgyver on social media. I'll invite them to come back and post some more!
Is cmfray back in the church? Last s/he posted, it sounded like s/he wasn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deusdictum

Postby cmfray » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Yes - Still alive and active in the church. It was a tough road for awhile, but it finally became very clear to me that I needed to stay in the church and continue to use it as a tool for my spiritual journey. I didn't find answers to my many questions or resolve my doubts. But they don't bother me as much as they once did. I view the church somewhat different now than I did most of my life. And I am different now in many ways - but I think in a good way as far as understanding and having empathy for others as I see them struggle in their lives, no matter what the struggles are.

As far as sex goes with my husband? All I will say on that subject for now is - We have seen better days; enjoy the peaks while you can, cause it will always be followed by a dip; aging sucks for both men and women; and old habits die hard! Apparently this area of my life will always be a work in progress. Come to think of it - all areas of my life are a work in progress. :roll:

I was chatting with Mrs. J and she said she had returned here. I got curious and decided to to see what, if anything was going on here these days and to see who is still around. I am going to look around a little now.
cmfray

Postby KSSunflower » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Cmfray, I'm glad you stopped in. I have missed your insight on the forum.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby Mrs J » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:54 pm

cmfray wrote:Yes - Still alive and active in the church. It was a tough road for awhile, but it finally became very clear to me that I needed to stay in the church and continue to use it as a tool for my spiritual journey. I didn't find answers to my many questions or resolve my doubts. But they don't bother me as much as they once did. I view the church somewhat different now than I did most of my life. And I am different now in many ways - but I think in a good way as far as understanding and having empathy for others as I see them struggle in their lives, no matter what the struggles are.

As far as sex goes with my husband? All I will say on that subject for now is - We have seen better days; enjoy the peaks while you can, cause it will always be followed by a dip; aging sucks for both men and women; and old habits die hard! Apparently this area of my life will always be a work in progress. Come to think of it - all areas of my life are a work in progress. :roll:

I was chatting with Mrs. J and she said she had returned here. I got curious and decided to to see what, if anything was going on here these days and to see who is still around. I am going to look around a little now.

YAY! Hi! Work in progress sounds about right! About two years ago I was contemplating divorce because of Mr J's lack of sex drive!!! Thankfully we talked a lot and weren't afraid to get down and dirty with the hurt feelings etc. Doing much better as of now, but cmfray you're so right; I am not naive enough to think it's going to be perfect from here on out.

Topic change: Scatyb had a great book suggestion called "Beautiful Outlaw" about the nature of Jesus Christ he wanted me to pass along to you. Sounds intriguing. So happy you stopped in!
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.
Mrs J

Postby cmfray » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi KS. Thank you! I am not sure you even know the impact you had on me. So glad to see you are still around. I hope all is well with you and your family.

In some ways I feel as if I am at reunion with friends. Its hitting me how much I have missed so many from here - I don't want to name anyone because with my bad memory I know I will leave someone out. I want to sit with all my "friends" here, give you all hugs, and catch up. Wish it were possible,

Hi Mrs. J. Yes you got me curious and I had to come back. I will look at that book. I just found some videos on it and It sounds intriguing. Thanks, Mrs. J and Scatyb.
cmfray

Postby scatyb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Thanks mrsj. After you read it, read "Moving Mountains" by the same author.

Sent from my TG-L800S using Tapatalk
scatyb

Postby Momgyver » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:46 pm

I'm still here, mostly infrequently lurking - but posting once I a while. It is nice to see some of the old gang still here. Mrs J has certainly given the forum a big energy boost! She has prodded me as well.

Part of my reticence posting is because I have left the church. Haven't resigned, but no longer attend and have no intention of ever going back. Lots of reasons... Hubby did not take it well, but he is getting used to it. We are doing mostly well. We are also on a down-swing in the sexual realm, but this too shall pass. I hope! Overall life is very good.
Momgyver

Previous

Return to Announcements