Be Careful What You Post On This Site!

A place for you to announce your upcoming wedding.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J

Be Careful What You Post On This Site!

Postby Jillicious » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:28 pm

It has come to my attention that one of my posts has been illicitly copied and posted on a "naughty mormon blog" on Tumblr. I fully believe that the creep who did this was none other than SCSURFER.

I will no longer be participating in this forum. I can not trust that what I say here will remain here. The things I write are mine and are under the purview of my copyright as provided by law. I have filed a copyright complaint with Tumblr in response. I suggest if you have posted anything personal here that you search the internet for your words. I guarantee that a creep, such as Scsurfer, has absconded with your story and posted it to a graphic and illicit blog.

Scsurfer had better hope I never find out who he is. I have the resources available to me to make his life hell.
Jillicious

Re: Be Careful What You Post On This Site!

Postby scatyb » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 pm

HOLY FREAKING CRAP! This is crazy!

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk
scatyb

Postby sigmund » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Jillicious wrote:It has come to my attention that one of my posts has been illicitly copied and posted on a "naughty mormon blog" on Tumblr. I fully believe that the creep who did this was none other than SCSURFER.

I will no longer be participating in this forum. I can not trust that what I say here will remain here. The things I write are mine and are under the purview of my copyright as provided by law. I have filed a copyright complaint with Tumblr in response. I suggest if you have posted anything personal here that you search the internet for your words. I guarantee that a creep, such as Scsurfer, has absconded with your story and posted it to a graphic and illicit blog.

Scsurfer had better hope I never find out who he is. I have the resources available to me to make his life hell.

I am so sorry.
Good luck.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
sigmund

Postby be64 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:20 pm

I have never felt that anything I post online is private or secure. That's why I don't post anything I wouldn't want to have spread around.
be64

Postby Swish » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Show a little empathy towards others one time be64.

Jillicious, that is frustrating! I am sad to see that this forum lost any moderation on it for the last couple of years. It would have been nice if they would have at least passed off the responsibilities of it to a trustworthy active poster like kss or yourself. I feel like the moderators did a pretty fantastic job years ago and now this forum doesn't serve the same purposes that it used to.
Swish

Postby be64 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:34 am

Swish wrote:Show a little empathy towards others one time be64.

Jillicious, that is frustrating! I am sad to see that this forum lost any moderation on it for the last couple of years. It would have been nice if they would have at least passed off the responsibilities of it to a trustworthy active poster like kss or yourself. I feel like the moderators did a pretty fantastic job years ago and now this forum doesn't serve the same purposes that it used to.

Well, there's nothing a moderator or anyone else can do to prevent anyone from copying anything anyone posts anywhere online. That's why we don't use our real names, addresses and so forth. I have had pictures I have posted online show up elsewhere. Once anything is online it's pretty much in the public domain. As far as moderators are concerned, I posted a thread complaining about the forum no longer being moderated ages ago. It seems nothing has changed. While it would be good if certain people would not be allowed to post here, anyone regardless of whether or not they are registered forum members can access information on a forum like this one. It is not a closed forum.

While it may appear I lack empathy, the situation is like deliberately leaving money laying on a park bench and being surprised when it gets stolen. She states "Be careful what you post on this site" as though it is different from any other site. Perhaps the thread should be titled "Be careful what you post online". I know people who won't have Facebook accounts because they are afraid of personal information getting out. At least with Facebook you can control who sees what you post. Here there is no such control.
be64

Postby Scsurfer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:07 pm

I am just reading this as it was brought to my attention by a friend member on this site.

I don't think it's fair that you label me and accuse me of something like this. Jesus taught us not to judge others. I'm not even aware of what tumblr site you are talking about.

PLEASE Jillicious, contact me , before you make accusations against me. I would appreciate some courtesy from you.
Scsurfer

Postby scatyb » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:58 am

sc, we're not in your space attacking your world. you've entered and began attacking ours. if you think you can do so with impunity, then your hubris belies some strong sociopathic issues. that and the fact that you dislike the church, but get off in aiding the destruction of marriages(even if only in the imagination) and the faith/values/virtue of lds women (again even if only in the imagination). regardless of our own vices, most of us find that behavior disgusting. if you plan on dishing it, you better be ready to take it.

scatyb

Postby Scsurfer » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:25 pm

scatyb wrote:sc, we're not in your space attacking your world. you've entered and began attacking ours. if you think you can do so with impunity, then your hubris belies some strong sociopathic issues. that and the fact that you dislike the church, but get off in aiding the destruction of marriages(even if only in the imagination) and the faith/values/virtue of lds women (again even if only in the imagination). regardless of our own vices, most of us find that behavior disgusting. if you plan on dishing it, you better be ready to take it.

If you are referring to the "LDS Confessions" as "imagination", they are nothing more than pure truth, written by those active and (no longer active) members of the LDS church who wish to remain anonymous for various reasons - understood.

BTW - I get attacked daily on the web, no big deal, it's just a website, a forum page, a message...whatever.... in the real world people work hard to survive and deal with bigger issues and problems daily.
Scsurfer

Return to Announcements