2%
ASIA
No votes
OTHER
No votes

Total votes : 47

Where in the world are you from?

Postby lovebunny » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 am

I just thought it might be interesting to know how worldwide this forum is.

I expect the majority will be from the USA, but as an on going poll it may give an idea as to whether issues are similar in different parts of the church. :)
lovebunny

Postby mashman108 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:24 am

I'm not from the US, although live in the US now. I therefore know US and Europe pretty well. In general I think the issues are the same but based on my limited knowledge there seems to be more pre-marital sexual experience in Europe but greater fidelity after marriage than in the US. However there is a much more liberal approach to nudity in Europe, they think nothing of jumping in a sauna naked in a mixed gender environment and see absolutely nothing sexual in it. I posted about that elsewhere and it seemed most Americans had a tough time accepting that that could be appropriate within the teachings of the gospel.

Anyway that's my experience but it could well be that others have different views based on their own experiences.
mashman108

Re: Where in the world are you from?

Postby OkieDokie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:38 pm

You mixed countries and continents. And in doing so left out Mexico and Central America, an Antarctica. I guess those are the other. Probably more fall in other as well. I guess all of those ET aliens go in other as well.

And yes I agree that USA people are completely messed up in regard to sex equated to nudity. I would bet many general authorities when they go home to northern Europe jump right in the sauna with the whole family and close friends and never a thought about it. Americans are real good about inventing sin where no sin exists.
OkieDokie

Postby mashman108 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Yes, well it depends on whether one is referring to Europe as a continent, a physical land mass or a political entity - country groupings would differ for each definition, anyway we digress.......
mashman108

Postby lovebunny » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:10 pm

I was limited to 10 options and it sort of came to me on the spur of the moment plus I dropped geography very early at school. So I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
lovebunny

Postby mashman108 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Not at all! Lol
mashman108

Postby mariabronn » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:51 pm

lovebunny wrote:I was limited to 10 options and it sort of came to me on the spur of the moment plus I dropped geography very early at school. So I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Are you please with the response so far, Lovebunny?
mariabronn

Postby lovebunny » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:17 pm

early days yet
lovebunny

Postby lovebunny » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:01 pm

It seems like we don't actually have many here, which might suggest that posting here is pointless, because we don't even have a vauge balance of views. We probably would be of little support or help to those with concerns or in need of balanced gospel based advice. Shame really.

Are there any LDS based sites that include sexual intimacy as part of the forum? Exclusivity may not be the best way to present these things, as intimacy includes so many parts of our lives, not just sex.
lovebunny

Postby Sexologist » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 am

San Antonio, Texas, for the past 15 years. Come visit some time.
Melissa Jones, PhD, Sexologist
http://www.SexologyInstitute.com
727 South Alamo
San Antonio, TX 78205
210-487-0371
Sexologist

Next

Return to Polls