13%
Water bed
8%
Other (Please post)
No votes

Total votes : 24

Bed talk

Postby KSSunflower » Tue May 15, 2012 5:17 pm

I was reading an article about temper-pedic type mattresses and how great they are for sleep but not so great for having sex. However most people seem to overlook this flaw because it seems sleep is more important than sex or they just take it elsewhere. Anyway dh and I are in the market for a new mattress. We've had a sleep number for the last several years and we have been disappointed with it. It was good when we first got it but now it is more of a pain than anything else (for sleep and sex). So what kind of mattress do you have in your bedroom and how does it rate for sleep. Do you have any issues when having sex?

We have a King bed right now but I have been thinking about going to a queen. Our kids still sometimes crawl into our bed at night so I would hate to be all cramped in bed but I like being close to dh. We were hoping having a more uniform mattress would help that somewhat. Also we would like to get a headboard to go with our new mattress. Any preferences on the kind of frame? Dh and I were thinking something with a footboard to give him more grip during sex. I wouldn't mind something with posts or canopy.
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Re: Bed talk

Postby ninesevenof » Tue May 15, 2012 6:31 pm

We don't have a temper-pedic, but our matress has a lot of memory foam built into it. We love it for sleeping but it's not good for sex. Been thinking about moving our play sessions down to our old bed in a spare bedroom. Could fix it up as our sex-cave, so to speak.
ninesevenof

Postby KSSunflower » Tue May 15, 2012 8:01 pm

That reminds me. I was watching How I Met Your Mother. The married couple were getting irritated sleeping next to eachother after they spent a night at a lodge where they had to sleep in twin beds. They decided to get twin beds for their room. They loved it until somebody told them that they did the same thing with their ex-wife and it caused them to drift apart. So then they thought about keeping the twin beds for sleep and then having a sex bed.
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby tmred » Tue May 15, 2012 11:30 pm

We've had the memory foam mattress and didn't like it for the sex reason. I also started waking up with a sore back after a few years with it. It seemed that you would create a spot and sink in, then you weren't really able to move much while you slept. I definitely wouldn't go back. We have a traditional mattress now and it's pretty good. I would have bought an intelli-gel mattress if I could have afforded it. It was by far the most comfortable mattress we tried, but it's a little pricey.

As for the type of bed, I wouldn't downsize to a queen. It's so much nicer to have a little space I think with the king. I'm always hotter than my wife so it's nice to not be so close because she makes it even warmer for me. Not sure if your husband is the same way, but if he is then he would probably be happier with the king I'm guessing. We have a sleigh bed, but I do wish we would have bought one with the polls :) She likes to be tied up sometimes and there is nothing but the bed frame to tie anything to. I do like the sleigh bed though, it looks really nice and is very sturdy. Good luck with your mattress search. I would definitely try a bunch before you make a decision.
tmred

Postby bbr » Thu May 17, 2012 12:56 am

We've been in hotels with those foam or memory foam mattresses and they basically ruin sex!
bbr

Postby Jgtrs » Thu May 17, 2012 11:33 pm

We had a king for years but when we bought a new bed several years ago we downsized to a nice traditional queen and we've loved it. King sized are nice, but we found we really didn't need the extra space for sleeping and preferred the extra space in the bedroom. Now in a hotel, a king bed feels massive. The king bed allows for more rolling about during sex, but you can still do that with a queen, you just have to readjust so you don't fall off.
Jgtrs

Return to Polls