What do we need to do to fix this forum

A place to post Polls

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

Re: What do we need to do to fix this forum

Postby beachdreamer » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:56 pm

Jillicious wrote:
Twue_Wuv wrote:Banning Scsurfer would go a long way to making this forum better.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

This is the exact reason I stopped posting in this forum. Scsurfer took things I posted and put them on an "LDS sex" blog on Tumblr. I don't expect absolute privacy but I didn't post here to be exploited. I broke my silence only to share my thought about this unwanted user. I won't be posting here again unless he is removed from the forum.

He was banned some time ago. It would be great to have you back.
beachdreamer

Postby scatyb » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:26 am

I thought him and his troll account were still active?

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk
scatyb

Postby beachdreamer » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:24 am

scatyb wrote:I thought him and his troll account were still active?

I guess you are right. His account is still active. His thread of stories was removed but apparently his account was not.
beachdreamer

Postby Twue_Wuv » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:12 am

And his sock puppet ChfEngr is still active on here as well.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Twue_Wuv

Postby scatyb » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:30 pm

This is one of the reasons kss created a new forum and the same reason a number have gone over there

scatyb

Postby KSSunflower » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:13 pm

I don't have issues with scsurfer. He's never given me any problems. I thought mod got rid of Chfengr but I saw them post recently so I guess not.

I made the other forum because the admin and mods had stopped being active here. The mods have since come back and the forum started getting a bit more active.

I also made the other forum because I wanted to open it up to a larger audience to include adult singles because sexuality affects everybody, not just married couples. I suspect they have questions about it too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby LatterDayLoverHubby » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:45 pm

The mods should be proactive. If they notice a user violating the rules, they should act on it. The report button should be a way to bring such behavior to the mods attention, but not some sort of prerequisite. It shouldn't matter *how* it comes to their attention (an actual report, a PM, or simply their own noticing), rules should be enforced.

No offense to mods past or present, but refusing to enforce rules based on some technicality isn't a great way to handle things. Especially if it's a pereceived technicality or assumption, rather than actual policy.

If it really is the rule is that mods must receive an official written complaint prior to acting, change the rule. If it's not a rule, educate the mods on how they should in fact be acting.
LatterDayLoverHubby

Postby scatyb » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:56 pm

LatterDayLoverHubby wrote:The mods should be proactive. If they notice a user violating the rules, they should act on it. The report button should be a way to bring such behavior to the mods attention, but not some sort of prerequisite. It shouldn't matter *how* it comes to their attention (an actual report, a PM, or simply their own noticing), rules should be enforced.

No offense to mods past or present, but refusing to enforce rules based on some technicality isn't a great way to handle things. Especially if it's a pereceived technicality or assumption, rather than actual policy.

If it really is the rule is that mods must receive an official written complaint prior to acting, change the rule. If it's not a rule, educate the mods on how they should in fact be acting.
Problem is that the mods don't have any ability to ban.
scatyb

Postby Heretolearn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:44 am

You could move to discord

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Heretolearn

Postby Heretolearn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:59 am

It has a desktop platform, iOS/Android support. So I just created one. Here is the invite, good for 24 hours.

https://discord.gg/bQEmzP

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Heretolearn

PreviousNext

Return to Polls