How do you feel about taking clothes off?

A place to post Polls

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

Re: How do you feel about taking clothes off?

Postby cmfray » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:52 pm

That's true LDM. Along a similar line - have any of you seen the new reality show about the couples who are marrying strangers - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/0 ... 68131.html

I have always been fascinated with arranged marriages. How awkward that must feel for the first part of the marriage. I don't have time to find it but there is a video of one of the woman who was very disappointed in the looks of the guy she got paired with. I have not seen the show yet - but it looks interesting.
cmfray

Postby scatyb » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:09 am

I know I wouldn't mind slowly stripping down a woman I've never met.
scatyb

Postby JustGettingBy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:15 pm

cmfray wrote:I have always been fascinated with arranged marriages.

I used to think arranged marriages were wacky, but I have made some friends with some Indians that have done this and they are happy.

Dr. Fife has a line she uses of, "in the LDS church we don't believe in arranged marriages, but what we often end up with is impassionate but functional marriages.". My friends that have done the arranged marriages say that they see more crazy hormones making decisions rather than a group consensus. They do feel they had some say in the marriage.
JustGettingBy

Postby BBoy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:09 pm

LatterDay Marriage wrote:
KSSunflower wrote:Do you get as much or more enjoyment from taking off your wife's clothes?

But he shouldn't be wearing his wife's clothes. :)

LOL. Good one, LDM. Based on what you know about me, it may surprise you to know that I have no interest in cross-dressing.
BBoy

Postby BBoy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:11 pm

LatterDay Marriage wrote:
KSSunflower wrote:
LatterDay Marriage wrote:What is done in the video may provide excitement, but it really is asking for trouble.

Of course, I just wonder what makes it exciting.

Novelty. You never saw their body before, they never saw yours. Novelty has a powerful effect on the mind.

I'm not ready to explain garments to a stranger....
BBoy

Postby LatterDay Marriage » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:34 pm

cmfray wrote:That's true LDM. Along a similar line - have any of you seen the new reality show about the couples who are marrying strangers - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/0 ... 68131.html

I have always been fascinated with arranged marriages. How awkward that must feel for the first part of the marriage. I don't have time to find it but there is a video of one of the woman who was very disappointed in the looks of the guy she got paired with. I have not seen the show yet - but it looks interesting.

I think shows like that cheapen marriage and help to undermine it. People who see it as a game show/reality TV stunt aren't going to hold it up as a important and sacred.
LatterDay Marriage

Postby KSSunflower » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:36 pm

How so, LDM?
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby LatterDay Marriage » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:21 am

KSSunflower wrote:How so, LDM?

It treats marriage and the decision to get married as a trivial thing, like picking out a pair of shoes. Nobody doing that is entering the marriage with a real commitment to make it work. They are all going into it telling themselves they can just divorce if it doesn't' go well the first little while.
LatterDay Marriage

Postby BBoy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:55 pm

I agree.
BBoy

Previous

Return to Polls