Priority Scale of Marriage Components

A place to post Polls

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

Prioritize the Components of a Satisfying Marriage?

Fulfilling Sexual Relationship
33%
Spiritual Unity
11%
Egalitarian Housework Contribution
No votes
Engaging and Frequent Conversation
14%
Quality Time Spent with Children
3%
Economic Ease or Prosperity
No votes
Personal Fulfillment Outside of Marriage Relationship (as in career/education/etc)
No votes
Loyal and Trustworthy Friendship
22%
Humor and Laughing A Lot
17%
Joint Ventures and Goals (travel or fitness or whatever)
No votes

Total votes : 36

Priority Scale of Marriage Components

Postby Mrs J » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Okay, I am a total noob in poll creation. If I could have figured it out, I would have liked to have everyone rank all ten items on a priority scale. 1 would be the most important in your marriage, and ten being the least important.

Since I'm not that advanced, how about choose your top three, and if you are so inclined, explain your answers later. Or feel free to rank all ten in your post(s). I thought this might be a good exercise in helping us appreciate our marriages where they are at and maybe even give us something to work toward.

Hope you like it.
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.
Mrs J

Re: Priority Scale of Marriage Components

Postby Mrs J » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:52 pm

To explain my three choices, if I had to pick only three...they would be fulfilling sex, humor, and frequent conversation. I'll have to think about ranking the ten in order of priority and post that later.
Mrs J

Postby LatterDay Marriage » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:50 am

My order :

Loyal and Trustworthy Friendship (number 1 in my book)
Engaging and Frequent Conversation (this is how we fell in love in the first place)
Fulfilling Sexual Relationship (measured in terms of a lack of sexual rejection)
Humor and Laughing A Lot (goes hand in hand with conversation)
Spiritual Unity (that is closely linked with the trust and friendship)
Quality Time Spent with Children (some benefit to the marriage, mostly benefits the kids)
Joint Ventures and Goals (some common stuff, and a lack of conflicting goals is a good thing, but I wouldn't want total sameness)

Egalitarian Housework Contribution (we've been from one end of that scale to the other, never made a difference)
Economic Ease or Prosperity (not many years of that, never made a difference for us)
Personal Fulfillment Outside of Marriage Relationship (pretty minor compared to the joy of marriage, don't care)
Last edited by LatterDay Marriage on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
LatterDay Marriage

Postby cmfray » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:40 am

My order:
1. Loyal and Trustworthy Friendship - We have always had this, even during the sexual desert years.
2. Humor and Laughing A Lot - same here!
3. Fulfilling Sexual Relationship - Actually 1,2,&3 are a tie!!
4. Joint Ventures and Goals - This would be traveling for us!!
5. Economic Ease or Prosperity - Need this to do #4 and #6
6. Quality Time Spent with Children (and grandchildren)
7. Engaging and Frequent Conversation - we are both comfortable with some silence too!
8. Spiritual Unity - This is more of an individual thing for both of us - however - attending the same church together and having the same general moral code is important to both of us.
9. Egalitarian Housework Contribution - This has never been an issue for us - either one of us will do what is necessary.
10. Personal Fulfillment Outside of Marriage Relationship - more important to hubby in that he has a career that he enjoys. I just have a job that contributes to #5 and thankfully I like it too - but I would like not doing it also!!
cmfray

Postby Mrs J » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:13 am

10) Quality time with children
9) Economic ease
8) Egalitarian housework
7) Personal Fulfillment
6) Joint ventures
5)Spiritual Unity
4)Friendship
3)Frequent conversation
2)Humor
1) Sexual Fulfillment

The things I care least about naturally fall in to place when my top three are actively fulfilled. Funny how that happens.
Mrs J

Return to Polls