Wet Dream Question

A place to post Polls

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

Re: Wet Dream Question

Postby be64 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:55 pm

BBoy wrote:If you masturbated even only occasionally as a youth, you probably never had a wet dream. Wet dreams only occur when a boy has not masturbated for several weeks. This probably explains why MTC branch presidents have to discuss them with new missionaries.

You're right I didn't masturbate much that's probably why had more wet dreams and some people. I've only had one since I've been married.
be64

Postby BBoy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:19 am

The only wet dream I ever had was in the MTC, about the sixth week I was there.
BBoy

Postby beachdreamer » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:04 pm

BBoy wrote:I Wet dreams only occur when a boy has not masturbated for several weeks.

This may be true for some people. Not for me. I would have the equivalent of a wet dream about once a week or more. Equivalent in that I woke up in the middle of it. In a period where we are not having frequent sex, this pattern persists today and sometimes at an even higher frequency. I only need to go a day or two.

I tend to believe that there is some conditioning to sex drive. I think the body tends to adjust somewhat to the frequency of sex. I know that some dispute this and criticize the pamplet "For Young men only" printed many years ago. One of the ideas in that pamplet is that your sperm factory would slow down if you leave it alone. I don't completely agree with that since it didn't works for me that way. It will slow down I guess but for me not to a significantly low level. And not as the pamplet implies that the body will take care of it by a wet dream. I never had a wet dream. Just awake in a high state of arousal and very frustrated. Without sex or M my body will not adjust to just an occasional wet dream (once every few weeks). That never worked for me. But, going the other way, having daily sex did seem to increase my drive such that when the wife was not available my body wanted release daily instead of every several days like my single days.
beachdreamer

Postby HighDriveMormon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:01 pm

Forget wet dreams, now that I am having rather regular sex, and can MB whenever I would like, I hardly even get a boner anymore while sleeping or waking up, like I did when I was single. As hard as it may be to believe, I did not masturbate once prior to marriage. So although I did have some wet dreams with ejaculation, it seems like they weren't as frequent as many of you who were masturbating.

I do seem to remember within the last 2 years not being able to have sex for a while, although I can't remember why exactly, and waking up to grinding a throbbing boner into my bed and proceeding quickly to orgasm. It was quite awesome and I enjoyed telling my wife about it but I wasn't 100% awake when it was all going down.

My problem now is that every few weeks, I get some sexual energy going through my body before going to sleep in bed but having my wife either already asleep or exhausted and not in the mood. I get so worked up that I seriously have no chance of going to sleep until I orgasm and I don't want to wake up my exhausted wife although I know she has no problem being used like this most of the time. But she has openly encouraged me when this happens to just MB away and then go to sleep. It is weird in that sometimes I really don't want to have sex, or am not really mentally turned on. But my body seems to just be begging for release. And then once that release happens, I can usually very quickly fall asleep. My wife actually has this happen pretty often too, sometimes when I am out camping or away on business, and that is probably why it is easy for her to so openly encourage MB. But with all the kids we have now, it happens less and less for us as our bodies beg for sleep and rest way more than sex these days...
HighDriveMormon

Postby be64 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:06 am

As a teenager I had wet dreams probably about once a month. I masturbated very infrequently. I developed a condition where I had frequent testicle pain, almost daily for an hour or two. I learned after I was married that is problem was likely due to prostate conjestion, and semen backing up into the testicles. The problem went away after I was married. I think back and realize how much pain I could have been spared by regular masturbation. Although I had wet dreams I did not have them frequently enough to keep me emptied out sufficiently. I for one think regular sex or masturbation if necessary is necessary for good reproductive health. At least as far as men are concerned. I certainly feel that the little factory doesn't necessarily take care of its self. Proper health maintenance should not in my opinion be condemned as sin. Luckily we are not prohibited from urinating when necessary and told that it will just happen in our sleep when necessary.
be64

Postby BBoy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:34 am

be64 wrote: Luckily we are not prohibited from urinating when necessary and told that it will just happen in our sleep when necessary.

Good point!
BBoy

Postby BBoy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:36 am

HighDriveMormon wrote:But she has openly encouraged me when this happens to just MB away and then go to sleep.

You are fortunate to have a wife that is so relaxed about this.
BBoy

Postby Laffy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:33 pm

deleted
Last edited by Laffy on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laffy

Postby be64 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Laffy wrote:
beachdreamer wrote:
BBoy wrote:I Wet dreams only occur when a boy has not masturbated for several weeks.

This may be true for some people. Not for me. I would have the equivalent of a wet dream about once a week or more. Equivalent in that I woke up in the middle of it. In a period where we are not having frequent sex, this pattern persists today and sometimes at an even higher frequency. I only need to go a day or two.

I tend to believe that there is some conditioning to sex drive. I think the body tends to adjust somewhat to the frequency of sex. I know that some dispute this and criticize the pamplet "For Young men only" printed many years ago. One of the ideas in that pamplet is that your sperm factory would slow down if you leave it alone. I don't completely agree with that since it didn't works for me that way. It will slow down I guess but for me not to a significantly low level. And not as the pamplet implies that the body will take care of it by a wet dream. I never had a wet dream. Just awake in a high state of arousal and very frustrated. Without sex or M my body will not adjust to just an occasional wet dream (once every few weeks). That never worked for me. But, going the other way, having daily sex did seem to increase my drive such that when the wife was not available my body wanted release daily instead of every several days like my single days.

Beachdream:

I agree with you for the most part. My body is similar to your, other than (1) I can go a week or two before my sex drive gets very high, and (2) I will actually have a wet dream for the most part (but have woken up incredible sexually aroused, cannot go back to sleep, and will feel sexually arousal for days on end until I have sex. It can be highly problematic for days on end. I agree with you that there is sexual conditional and that although there can be a normative sexual responses in men (such as deceased arousal after weeks), it still is a spectrum and some men's sex drive may not slow down after not having sex. Since being married I do not know if I have every gone more than three weeks with some type of sex, but the last week is torture as I am very aroused and have erections like I'm back in high school.

Where we may differ is that although I think masturbation is a minor sin -- I still think it is a sin and we should not participate in it -- unless medical (I have heard of medical doctors suggesting it with sperm buildup that can lead to an actual inflammation). I think the better route -- if it can be worked out -- is good frequent sex with a loving spouse that still respects her sexual drives.

I agree that the best way to get sexual release is frequent sex with a loving wife, but there have been times in my past such as after the birth of a child that I would go nearly crazy from not having sex for several weeks. I didn't masturbate, and my wife generally would not meet my needs because in her opinion if she couldn't have sex I couldn't either. I now have a more relaxed view of masturbation. If I had my current view back then I would have just released myself and saved myself a lot of sexual tension and saved a lot of arguements with my wife over sex.

Which is a worse sin arguing with your spouse over sex, or masturbating?

I'll say though that I haven't gone more than two days without sex with my wife in many years now. Going a week without sex would probably freak me out.
be64

Postby LatterDay Marriage » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:17 pm

Laffy wrote:Be64:

Depending on the nature of the argument, the sin of masturbation could be worse.

And it's not like those are the only two options.
LatterDay Marriage

PreviousNext

Return to Polls