Migraines and the benefits of Sex

A place to post Polls

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

Migraines and the benefits of Sex

Postby KSSunflower » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:24 pm

I never really got headaches but in the last few years I have started to get them and every once in a while I get a migraine. I have seen others suffer to the point of needing to be given shot that basically knock them out for the day. I had remembered reading how sex can relieve headaches. Orgasm releases endorphines and act similar to morphine in the body. I know sex is probably not what most people think to do when they have a migraine. One day when I had one start I decided to try it out. And I was so surprised when the pain went away. I am not sure I could tolerate it with a really bad migraine but I thought it was neat and happy that a headache doesn't always mean no sex. It could be a welcome relief. Anybody else experience that?
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby mariabronn » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:39 pm

I am glad it worked for you KSS. For me, my bills pressure rise during sexual activities so it might exacerbate my head ache, though I fortunately rarely have any headache.
mariabronn

Re: Migraines and the benefits of Sex

Postby Mrs J » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:54 am

I actually had a similar experience within the last year. I didn't read any article, but decided to go with the flow when DH wanted to make love even though I had a headache. After being completely satisfied, I realized my headache was gone. Ever after, I have often used sex in place of ibuprofen. Dh hasn't ever let me down.

Couple nights ago my headache was actually approaching migraine levels. We took a break in the middle of the session, because I asked DH to squeeze my head. That works sometimes. Once he lets go, the pressure equalizes or something. But we continued on and my headache lessened in severity.

If you will recall though (the thread about injuries sustained during sex), there was that one time when I got the worst headache of my life AFTER sex, or rather...just as I was about to achieve climax. I sat up, got dressed and told DH we were going to the hospital RIGHT NOW because I was pretty sure I had a brain aneurism and was about to die. It was horrible and resulted in a spinal tap and CAT scans and lots of medical bills with no explanation as to what caused it. I believe it was my first migraine. Over the course of a few days, I had a couple more, one so bad that it caused me to vomit which in turn caused my head to feel like it was getting split in half. I actually screamed from the pain. Shiver. Glad that never happened again.
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.
Mrs J

Postby LatterDay Marriage » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:40 pm

My wife has migraines now and then. They are bad enough that sex is off the table until she is past it. I doubt she would be willing to test using sex as a treatment, even if it was just manual on her.
LatterDay Marriage

Postby mariabronn » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:14 am

Is it possible she may be using the headaches as her 'out' to avoid sex? If sex is 'off the table' then what about 'on the floor' instead? ;)
mariabronn

Postby JustGettingBy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:35 am

Good one mariabronn!
JustGettingBy

Re:

Postby LatterDay Marriage » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:40 pm

mariabronn wrote:Is it possible she may be using the headaches as her 'out' to avoid sex? If sex is 'off the table' then what about 'on the floor' instead? ;)

Not in my case, she is quite generous in the bedroom but when she gets a migraine she really is not well enough. Just talking to her in a normal volume voice is unpleasant for her. She usually retreats to our bedroom, makes it as dark as she can, takes some advil and sleeps till it is gone.
LatterDay Marriage

Postby mariabronn » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:40 pm

Poor thing
mariabronn

Postby JustGettingBy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:21 pm

It is odd that this subject was being discussed while I have been having a constant headache the last week+
JustGettingBy

Postby likesnatural » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:55 pm

I have occasional migraines and here is the cure. Go to bed with no lights on, masturbate to orgasm, then fall asleep. That generally cures it. The orgasm releases the tension caused by the migraine and enables sleep. Releasing the tension is the key to recovery. I have never tried having sex with my wife to release the tension, but I don't think it would work because that takes longer and the privacy is important as well. Try it.
likesnatural

Return to Polls