Would you do you?

A place to post Polls.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

Would you do you?

I am fit and attractive and have a healthy body.
11%
I always smell good and have good hygiene.
14%
I am a good lover, capable of deep intimacy as well as raw sexuality.
15%
I have an overall nice appearance and style.
14%
I have a very sexual mind.
18%
I know how to relax into the pleasure of sex and really enjoy it.
14%
I've got skills.
13%

Total votes : 222

Re: Would you do you?

Postby Lovey » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:26 pm

No, I would not feel a need although I am happy with the way I have come to an acceptance and love of my own body.
There was a time I rarely touched my own body during sex but now I am completely comfortable with it.

What I gained from this post is to be both accepting of my own body- its positive features as well as its flaws and have gratitude that I have one.
At the same time, I find it helpful to challenge myself a little and not be content to just let myself go, simply because I am married.
You could ask yourself- If I were suddenly single, is there anything you would do to be more attractive to the opposite sex? If so, work on it while married.
It's a fine line of balance and one I am still dealing with.

I like men and prefer my own :D
Lovey

Postby LatterDay Marriage » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:30 pm

I wasn't a guy that girls chased after when I was in high school, but mainly I think because I was a nerd and lacked a lot of self confidence. I didn't think I looked good, but looking back on photos of me I actually did. I don't have any illusions about my looks now, I know I need to lose at least 100lbs and I'm very glad that my wife isn't bothered by that. She says she sees me as the chief of some Polynesian tribe.

Other than not looking like a movie star and not being fabulously rich, I think I have everything a woman would want in a husband and lover. I gladly go far out of my way to make my wife happy, I give her sincere compliments and praise, affection and respect. I am loyal help out around the house and satisfy her in the bedroom. If I was 'on the market' I would be quite a catch IMHO, but if I'm going to be judged on my looks alone, that wouldn't work out well for me.
LatterDay Marriage

Postby Lovey » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:26 pm

LDM,
Sounds like in many ways your wife is a lucky lady.
Do you think our culture focuses too much on how fat or trim we are?
Does your weight bother you? Do you think your wife would find you more attractive if you lost some weight?
Do you feel the bias of others when relating to you?
Lovey

Postby LatterDay Marriage » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:23 am

Lovey wrote:LDM,
Sounds like in many ways your wife is a lucky lady.

I think I'm a pretty lucky guy.

Do you think our culture focuses too much on how fat or trim we are?

I think so, I think there is a lot of fear of not looking like a greek god/goddess, hence all the cosmetics and plastic surgery etc.

Does your weight bother you?

Not really. I have good blood pressure, cholesterol is fine. I'm doing well for a man my age if you ignore the weight. I'm really tall and the extra is all in the torso so I look more like a bouncer or retired football player. I honestly had a much worse opinion of my looks when I was a teen when I was thin but nerdy. I like who I am and I wouldn't want to be with somebody who couldn't see past the surface.

Do you think your wife would find you more attractive if you lost some weight?

Yes, she is more visual than most ladies. She doesn't make a big deal of it but now and then something slips out, like when we watched Thor she said something about how he looked that made me feel compared, then she realized it and apologized. It doesn't turn her off exactly, but it would turn her on more if I was thinner.

Do you feel the bias of others when relating to you?

No, never felt anything like that since high school but I was thin then. My daughters tell me that some of their guy friends are a bit scared of me (I like that). Sometimes I have fun with it. Some 4 year old asked me why I was fat and I told him it was because every now and then I get really hungry and eat a small child.

What is a pain in the neck is how most things (cars, furniture, planes etc.) are designed for people 4-6 inches shorter than I am.
LatterDay Marriage

Postby Size675 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:11 pm

I totally would if I could!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Size675

Would you do you?

Postby KSSunflower » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:53 pm

Hmm...I am wondering why this "would you do you" exercise is solely based on how one looks and not on one's skill and other things a person has to offer sexually on a deeper level. (The second part does mention lack of skills but it isn't indicated in first post which focused on seeing yourself standing in a shop and whether you would measure up.

(I would ask, measure up to what? My expectations in a sexual partner?)

At a base level, I would be sexually appealing to some and others not as much. I have nice curves, but I am no top model. Most of the time I am okay with that but have my moments. However, I feel I am pretty competent in the bedroom and know how to give a good time to anybody who would choose to be with me.

I have worked to overcome my insecurities with my husband. I think a lot of that comes down to trust and feeling secure in an experience that makes us vulnerable.

While a fat person isn't everybody's ideal sex partner, I would only be most bothered if they didn't have the skills to back up their confident attitude. A less than ideal body can be forgiven if it still gives pleasure.

On the flip side, somebody can be incredibly attractive and terrible in between the sheets. People can improve though.

My point is, "would I do me?" Is based on so much more than what's on the outside. What is sexually appealing is subjective and ofttimes we are conditioned to feel the way we do.
KSSunflower

Previous

Return to Polls