Excuses

A place to post Polls.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

Men: What excuses have you gotten from your wife to not have sex?

Ambiguous response (eg: I don't feel like it or a plain no with no explanation)
16%
I am menstrating
16%
I have headache
10%
The kids are awake
12%
My TV show is on
4%
I'm dirty down there / I don't want you seeing me down there
11%
I don't want to deal with the taste/feel/messiness of sex
8%
Out of birth control (condoms, pills, etc)
1%
We just had sex (over some specified time frame)
16%
Other (please explain)
7%

Total votes : 90

Re: Excuses

Postby RockyMtn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:56 am

HighDriveMormon wrote:
bigdude wrote:
HighDriveMormon wrote:We still laugh at the thought of women treating sex like a chore.

Not a laughing matter. Not funny; not even close.

We only laugh because it is evident they have no idea what they are missing out on and the stress they are bringing into their relationship and hence their life...

You are laughing because of the misery of others? Good to know. I'm still new here, it's good to know where people are coming from.
RockyMtn

Postby RockyMtn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:14 am

Honestly, the only time my wife has ever said no was when we were in a public place or there were other people around. She's never said no. She's occasionally said she's not in the mood but that I'm free to do what I please* it means her nipples will get played with and her mood changes. Works every. single. time.

*We still quote a line for the TV show Scrubs,Jordan, the ex-wife, is in bed with her ex-husband she's back together with. When he asks if they can have sex, she pulls on a sleeping mask, lays down and says "Do what you want, just don't wake me."
RockyMtn

Postby UtahAl » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:56 am

Old thread, but good. I have gotten a few of the excuses, like I haven't showered yet and I stink down there. But for the most oart, she is always willing, even if not excited about it. I can't complain.
UtahAl

Postby Mrs J » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:00 am

Exhaustion and illness are the only two DH has used. It's rare he'll initiate, I think because he's afraid I'll turn the tables on him someday. He doesn't know what it's like to be truly rejected by me, and I'm going to keep it that way. Because I love him, and I don't want him to hurt as deeply as he has hurt me in the past when he's turned me down. It's hard to forget the time(s) I put on lingerie and a timid smile only to get a half-hearted boob grope and an excuse. That walk of shame to remove "unused" lingerie cuts deep. Things are much much better now, btw, and I don't bring up the rejection to him. I guess I bring it up here to demonstrate I really do know how some of you feel. I have compassion and empathy for you.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.
Mrs J

Postby NeverGiveUp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:07 am

I got to the point that I stopped asking. It was not worth the feeling of rejection.

It's getting better though.
NeverGiveUp

Postby bigdude » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:41 pm

NeverGiveUp wrote:I got to the point that I stopped asking. It was not worth the feeling of rejection.

Ditto, except I’m my case it wasn’t the rejection. It was the realization that having sex for years with someone who doesn’t want to really isn’t enjoyable. When it got to the point where I was getting a non-passionate duty handjob every couple of weeks, I told myself that I was really pathetic, and I quit.
bigdude

Postby NeverGiveUp » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:31 pm

I could say this all day and it wouldn't make bit of difference, but it's not you.

I'm assuming she's not willing to even talk about or seek help? Actually I remember from a previous thread that she doesn't see this as a problem...

Sorry man, this just blows.
NeverGiveUp

Previous

Return to Polls