Poll question for women: Lingerie

A place to post Polls.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

How often do you wear lingerie and what kind do you prefer to wear?

Several times per week
11%
Once per week
8%
Once per month
14%
Once every few months to once per year
19%
Never
9%
-Babydolls
17%
-Teddies
9%
-Chemises
3%
-Gowns
4%
-Camisoles
6%

Total votes : 111

Re: Poll question for women: Lingerie

Postby bbr » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:18 am

DW buying lingerie for us, us buying it together, and me buying it for us, has been an important part of sexual relationship and sexual communication over the years. It's actually been a way for her to increase her comfort level on feeling sexual. Little by little. We look at it like wrapping a gift. She loves to wrap birthday and Christmas gifts and she likes to wrap herself up for our sexual intimacy.

When she gets horny and I'm not around she shops for lingerie on the web. One time I came home from work and "caught" her on the Frederick's of Hollywood site. It blew my mind cause that was "way out" at the time.

A few years ago she surprised me with a new piece of lingerie every night for 12 days. What a gift! They make her feel pretty. When women feel prettier they feel sexier. And when they feel sexier .... All kinds of fun things happen. I always tell how great she looks in them.

We started out with some things on our honeymoon. And it grew from there. For years she would not wear panties cause she didn't think she looked good in them due to some baby fat from our last child. Slips and teddies, stockings, we loved. But she finally tried panties and to both of our surprise, they worked. Then came a few shelf bras. Then some crotchless panties. What is interesting about the crotchless panties is that she didn't really like the 69 position for oral sex, partially because she didn't like her butt in my face, or up in the air. She loves 69 now with the crotchless panties. So what seems racy in some ways actually makes her feel more modest, which enables her to be more racy. (Crazy, eh?)

Recently she surprised me with a crotchless fishnet full body stocking. Wow! And this was not me asking or buying. This was her, over many years, taking little steps to make her feel sexier. And feeling more comfortable about being sexier. She also has realized how important the visual aspects of sex are for men.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that buying lingerie over the years has been a "safe" way for her to push the envelope and try new things. And those new lingerie has translated into her feeling sexier and then trying sexier things with our bodies. Some people like toys (we have a few) but for us lingerie is almost like toys.

I do need to point out that when sex is over, it's pretty much back into our garments. I would say that they are back on within in 15 minutes of completion. I can probably count on one hand -- after almost 30 years of marriage -- the number of times we've fell asleep after sex without our garments on.

b
bbr

Postby cmfray » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:56 am

I like to dress up now and then.
i have worn all of the above - except gowns - only because I am short and they are made for tall women..

Variety is the spice of a love life!! ;)
Last edited by cmfray on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cmfray

Postby up4it » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:05 am

I LOVE it when she 'dresses for the occasion'. Wish she did it more. She has surprised me with it a couple of times but usually I have to ask, and even when I ask she doesn't always go ahead. Partly because she has put on some weight and doesn't like how she looks as much, partly because she doesn't see the point since it so often comes off so quickly, although for our last anniversary she lounged around in it while we watched a movie together before getting intimate.

Shopping for it together is a lot of fun, my rule of thumb is it should show enough to please, hide enough to tease, and make it look like she could be naked in 5 seconds or less.
Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love. - Proverbs 5:19
up4it

Postby bbr » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:17 am

It's no fun when you have to ask. Or even if she asks what I want her to wear. I always say I want you to wear what makes you feel most sexy or beautiful. I would say she wears something 70% of the time. It depends on the cycle. Sometimes I'm direct and put something on the bathroom door knob.
bbr

Postby lyrkeve » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:21 pm

im a female and i love dressing sexy for my husband! if he wants to get me a gift he buys me a new outfit :) i love dressing up it makes me feel desirable and increases my self worth.
lyrkeve

Postby mariabronn » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:57 am

lyrkeve wrote:im a female and i love dressing sexy for my husband! if he wants to get me a gift he buys me a new outfit :) i love dressing up it makes me feel desirable and increases my self worth.

You are married to a very lucky man, lyrkeve!
mariabronn

Postby lucyf » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:08 pm

lucyf

Postby mariabronn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:12 pm

They have some nice sets, Lucy. Thanks for the link.
mariabronn

Postby Momgyver » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:35 pm

DH doesn't really care that much about lingerie, but I wear it because of how it makes ME feel. When I feel sexy, he reaps the benefit of that!
Momgyver

Postby mariabronn » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:40 pm

That's all that matters, Mom
mariabronn

PreviousNext

Return to Polls