What do you consider okay? Part 3

A place to post Polls.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

What activities do you consider okay within an LDS marriage?

Yes, to sex outdoors
20%
No, to sex outdoors
0%
Yes, to being nude in public (i.e. clothing optional places - beaches, spas, etc. where no sex is involved)
11%
No, to being nude in public (i.e. clothing optional places - beaches, spas, etc. where no sex is involved)
8%
Yes, to reading a sex manual, where there may be either drawings or photos of genitals and/or people nude.
19%
No, to reading a sex manual, where there may be either drawings or photos of genitals and/or people nude.
1%
Yes, to talking to a very close friend, or family member, about your sex life
14%
No, to talking to a very close friend, or family member, about your sex life
5%
Yes, to wearing lingerie in the bedroom as part of the foreplay/sexual encounter
20%
No, to wearing lingerie in the bedroom as part of the foreplay/sexual encounter
No votes

Total votes : 768

Re: What do you consider okay? Part 3

Postby Bryan_LDS_husband » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Not only would I do all of these, but we both already have done all of them.
Bryan_LDS_husband

Postby be64 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:14 pm

I voted no on the public nudity question not because I personally have anything against it but because my wife wouldn't let me get away with it. I personally think the nudity is natural and normal and nothing to be ashamed of when done at the appropriate time and place. I think it's silly how modern society has villainized nudity. Our local swimming pool now has signs in the showers and locker rooms saying no public nudity. I think there are those that think it is a sex crime to see someone naked.
be64

Postby mart60 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:49 pm

be64 wrote:I voted no on the public nudity question not because I personally have anything against it but because my wife wouldn't let me get away with it. I personally think the nudity is natural and normal and nothing to be ashamed of when done at the appropriate time and place. I think it's silly how modern society has villainized nudity. Our local swimming pool now has signs in the showers and locker rooms saying no public nudity. I think there are those that think it is a sex crime to see someone naked.
is that in Utah, or elsewhere?
mart60

Postby mariabronn » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:53 pm

I have never seen any signs in Utah or elsewhere prohibiting nudity
mariabronn

Postby be64 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:58 pm

mart60 wrote:
be64 wrote:I voted no on the public nudity question not because I personally have anything against it but because my wife wouldn't let me get away with it. I personally think the nudity is natural and normal and nothing to be ashamed of when done at the appropriate time and place. I think it's silly how modern society has villainized nudity. Our local swimming pool now has signs in the showers and locker rooms saying no public nudity. I think there are those that think it is a sex crime to see someone naked.
is that in Utah, or elsewhere?

This is in Idaho. At this particular pool the dressing room and showers were totally open with no stalls or curtains. Now no nudity is allowed in the shower, and they have installed curtains to divide the dressing areas making them smaller and more private. As is typical at a pool you have to walk through the shower room to get from the dressing room to the pool so anyone naked in the shower would be seen by anyone heading to the pool.

In the mornings there is adult lap swimming, and seasonally high school swim team practice. Most of the lap swimmers are old guys who would shower naked. I suspect that the high school boys were getting freaked out by seeing naked men. Certainly it wasn't the boys being seen naked since they don't get naked.
be64

Postby mariabronn » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:00 pm

Those silly boys!
mariabronn

Postby be64 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:11 pm

mariabronn wrote:Those silly boys!

I should say it was probably the parents of the boys who got freaked out about naked men in the shower and dressing room.
be64

Postby mariabronn » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:12 pm

Those parents are silly too, way too uptight
mariabronn

Postby OkieDokie » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:08 am

Not too long ago i rode my bicycle nude down to the mailbox and back. But it was about 1am so maybe that was ok.
In high school the entire gym class showered nude in one big open shower room. Seems only in recent decades have people started freaking out over shower nudity. People need to get out more and go ...to french beach, German park,Japanese bath, sauna in Norway . well shucks, most any place outside of North America where their treatment of public nudity has a degree of sanity.

I think baptisms should be nude like they were when john baptised in the river jordon and as was done in the early church.
General authorities swam nude in their gym not too many decades ago . I wonder when nudity became immoral sex?

At least one mormon married brother spent two weeks naked with another woman on a survival show. ( Naked and Afraid)
Shame for shame.......such debauchery . Wonder if he had his recommend pulled? I wonder when a married sister will be on the two week survival. Maybe already has and i missed it.
Last edited by OkieDokie on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
OkieDokie

Postby be64 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:19 am

OkieDokie wrote:Not too long ago i rode my bicycle nude down to the mailbox and back. But it was about 1am so maybe that was ok.
In high school the entire gym class showered nude in one big open shower room. Seems only in recent decades have people started freaking out over shower nudity. People need to get out more and go ...to french beach, German park,Japanese bath. well shucks, most any place outside of North America where their treatment of public nudity has a degree of sanity.

I think baptisms should be nude like they were when john baptised in the river jordon and as was done in the early church.
General authorities swam nude in their gym not too many decades ago . I wonder when nudity became immoral sex?

At least one mormon married brother spent two weeks naked with another woman on a survival show. ( Naked and Afraid)
Shame for shame.......such debauchery . Wonder if he had his recommend pulled? I wonder when a married sister will be on the two week survival. Maybe already has and i missed it.

It's not just nudity that is not tolerated here. I like wearing speedos, which I do when lap swimming, and I have the body for it, but in the U.S. most people would say that speedos gross them out. Heaven forbid someone might see the shape of a man's package.
be64

PreviousNext

Return to Polls