18%
We were both disappointed
18%
It was a disaster!
6%

Total votes : 17

Describe your honeymoon experience

Postby EverBetter » Thu May 06, 2010 11:25 pm

I have a theory that for faithful LDS people married in the temple, honeymoons are often somewhat problematic. The day of the marriage often starts early and festivities end late, there are lots of logistics to manage, the first temple experience can be traumatic, and it is hard to shift gears from abstinence to abandon. How would you describe your overall honeymoon experience?
EverBetter

Re: Describe your honeymoon experience

Postby freehike » Fri May 07, 2010 1:57 am

You are correct about it being a long day and counter productive for a nice romantic evening for sex. To a certain extent, we had more romantic times and some better sex before the wedding than that day. We started early, had pictures, wedding brunch, some free time in the afternoon, and then a reception that night. We did take advantage of the afternoon time for our first time intercourse. We checked into the hotel, unloaded our luggage, and spent time slowly removing each others clothes to get naked together. It wasn't a dream like romantic time, but was sure nice to be naked together, explore each others bodies, and not have to feel guilty about it. Of course those guilt feelings started and we had to keep telling ourselves it was now ok. But how to actually have intercourse was not exactly known by either of us and so it was awkward having intercourse. Things didn't slide as easy as we thought, or go in as easy as we had supposed. The fondling and kissing was fun and easy since we had some practice with this. Later that night after the reception we did try again but were really too tired to really enjoy and concentrate on it. But we did both want to do it again before sleeping that night. The next morning was much nicer, not any easier, but more enjoyable.

The honeymoon after the wedding was much nicer. We had time to not rush things, had a slightly better idea how things worked, and wanted to enjoy this new part of our relationship. I thought we did it fairly recently (two or more times a day), but years later my wife mentioned that we didn't have as much sex as she thought we should have. This was a communication problem between us since I thought we did it alot and I didn't really know what to expect or if she did want to have it more than we did. She never instigated or asked for more. This is the good girl syndrom that the man is to take the lead and that good girls don't instigate sex. On the whole though, we did have a very good time together starting our physical relationship and we had a fun time on our honeymoon, both with activities and the sex. As I look back at the sex, it was very elementary and basic, but so new and different that it was enjoyable. After 25+ years, sex has sure gotton much better even though the frequency is now less.
freehike

Postby Lenny Haise » Fri May 07, 2010 7:35 pm

(It's a little graphic, but might bring back some honeymoon memories).
Lenny Haise

Postby old.geezer » Mon May 10, 2010 10:58 am

Lenny Haise wrote:

(It's a little graphic, but might bring back some honeymoon memories).

Dude, it's The Onion. It's satire.... How totally ironic that a satirical, tongue-in-cheek piece about the honeymoons of religious folks would be right on in describing an LDS honeymoon!
old.geezer

Postby KSSunflower » Tue May 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Well we were married civally first. We had a very short ceremony in the evening and a reception immediately following. From there we went to our hotel. It wasn't our first time being together though. We had abstained for a while though after going to the bishop so we were very eager to be back together. This time we were legit and could have the lights on because we didn't have to sneak so in a way it was a little awkward. We didn't feel guilty just something new for us.

Our honeymoon wasn't actually until that summer because we were both in college at the time so we had been married for a few months before we went. The first night we had jet lag so we slept almost the whole day but the rest of the time we enjoyed quite a bit. Who can't have fun in Hawaii?
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby wishful » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:34 pm

We had a very nice honeymoon, no troubles getting sex into the activities of the day. But the reception was pretty small and simple. I can imagine a big (long) reception would make it tough to be romantic.

Sex for the first few days was plentiful (daily), but then my wife had her period, and after that, it was never so frequent again.
Last edited by wishful on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
wishful

Postby freehike » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:52 am

Reading Wishful's account reminded me that my wife started her period while on the honeymoon. I think it started the first night, so that slowed us down during the honeymoon. We still had sex, but the freedom to really enjoy it was hampered by this since we had to be concerned about the added mess due to her period. It also eliminated some of the foreplay fun down below that we had experimented with while dating, so it did lead to more play with her on top. So it really wasn't as nice as it could have been. I'm just glad she was willing to still have intercourse while on her period since we really both wanted that.
freehike

Postby Ofy53 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Wishful,

I don't remember your situation, from previous posts, so please help me out here...

So, your wife has never had an orgasm? What things have you tried? Vibrators, her doing some self exploration, oral...?

Has she been to a doctor about her situation?
Ofy53

Postby freehike » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:32 pm

We have been receiving many wedding annoucements and invites to receptions lately. The interesting thing about this was the scheduling of the wedding and reception on different days. Some have a reception the night before the wedding, some a night or two after the wedding, and some even further apart. Now I don't know if this is due to scheduling of the reception place and temple wedding couldn't be worked out or if it was just to make it easier on the couple and the parents. As mentioned above, doing the ceremony, wedding luncheon, and reception all in one day doesn't make for a very romantic alone time to enjoy sex. When one of our sons got married, we had a dinner the night before the temple ceremony and reception which followed the next day. It was nice having a long break between the temple and reception later that night. Maybe this is becoming more of a trend to seperate things out further or maybe it was just a coincidence with the last four invites we received. I have been to receptions a week or two after the ceremony due to travelling issues. The marriage happened out of state and they had a reception in the one town, and then the other parents had an open house or reception in the other spouse's hometown. The bridge and groom sure seemed much more relaxed at the second reception than many I see at the main reception.
freehike

Postby Wildstar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:08 am

Two things we did right that I'm still proud of.
First, the wedding was around 8 AM, followed by a breakfast with family and friends - then we got in the car and drove off for a five day honeymoon. We scheduled receptions a week later. The wedding day was for us!

Second, I told her in the preceding week that we didn't need to "do anything" the first night, and we should probably go slow. She told me she felt the pressure lift when I said that.
With pressure lifted, we had three hours in the car together driving to our destination. Hands on the knee began to move further up and further in. The kisses got deeper.

By the time we reached our beach rental, we were soaked through with desire.

I can't take credit because I really didn't know if my fingertips were in the right spot, but my wife had her first orgasm within minutes when we tumbled on to the bed.

All engaged LDS couples should plan on a version of this - make the wedding day about you and the wedding. Receptions can wait. Should wait, because you need to get busy trying to keep your hands off eachother.

I don't care how nervous - delay just a little bit, tease a little and that desire for each other will make all concerns irrelevant.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Wildstar

Next

Return to Polls