How does your sex life change when one of you is sick?

A place to post Polls.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

How does your sex life change when one of you is sick?

Postby Deusdictum » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:21 am

Clearly, I'm not talking about the incapacitating, puking, or can't get out of bed type of illness (unless you're down with that sort of thing...). I'm talking about sniffles, sore throats, etc. the more minor stuff.

Does it put a halt to everything in the bedroom until all symptoms are completely gone?

Do you modify things to avoid excessive transference of bodily fluids?

Or does it not slow you down at all?

How do you accommodate and adapt to minor illnesses?

For us, my wife is so paranoid about getting sick, that it puts a halt to all activities until all symptoms are cleared up. Let's just say I have incentive to stay healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deusdictum

Re: How does your sex life change when one of you is sick?

Postby River Walker » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:39 am

When my wife has the flu, I sure as heck stay away. When she's got a cold, I go for it. Then I invariably catch it. :lol:
The road to hell is paved with brownies.
River Walker

Postby KSSunflower » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:00 pm

If one of us is miserable with cold symptoms (i.e. incessant runny nose or cough, headache and fever), then we likely won't. Kind of a turn off. Our colds aren't usually this bad though.

If it's just stuffiness, mild headache, or sore throat, then it doesn't change much. We might avoid kissing lips if we don't want to get sick. Usually we do it anyway and then catch whatever the other had.
KSSunflower

Postby flynnrider » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:32 pm

Usually when one of us aren't feeling well we will usually just sleep it off. It is hard to turn on or get turned on when we are focused on our sickness

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
flynnrider

Postby beachdreamer » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:41 pm

I have to be pretty sick for it to change my desire for sex. My DW loses interest more easily. We don't normally worry about catching anything. I think you will catch it sex or not just from living together. So if we feel well enough to enjoy it, being sick doesn't change our sex life.
beachdreamer

Postby KSSunflower » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:43 pm

beachdreamer wrote:I think you will catch it sex or not just from living together.

I normally don't get sick when the rest of the house is sick. I think it is due to a strong immune system more than staying away from anybody. But, obviously, if I'm swapping spit with somebody who is sick I'm inviting their virus into my body and it's a lot more likely I'll get sick.
KSSunflower

Postby Arizona » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:17 pm

My sex drive goes up when I'm sick. Also, I'm at home and in bed, so we tend to have more sex when I'm sick. For her, it just kind of depends on how sick she is. If it's just a cold our something then no change.
Arizona

Postby KSSunflower » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:33 pm

For those of you that are saying it doesn't change for a cold, what kind of symptoms are we talking about? A cold can really vary on how bad it is.

Are you still getting it on if your spouse is wiping their nose every couple of minutes, can't breathe well, sneezing, fever, hacking cough?
KSSunflower

Postby Arizona » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:20 pm

Not if she's really in a bad way, but for example, last month she had a low fever and a sore throat. She took some medicine and was feeling a little better but still sick. She wanted some action still so we had sex.

Obviously if she was like coughing and stuff then it's not very fun, but if she's like a little or medium sick and takes some medicine then I would actually say she's more in the mood (maybe because she's bored?)
Arizona

Postby River Walker » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 pm

KSSunflower wrote:For those of you that are saying it doesn't change for a cold, what kind of symptoms are we talking about? A cold can really vary on how bad it is.

Are you still getting it on if your spouse is wiping their nose every couple of minutes, can't breathe well, sneezing, fever, hacking cough?

If she just has the sniffles, I don't care. If she's stuffed up and feeling horrible, I don't.
The road to hell is paved with brownies.
River Walker

Return to Polls