Mormons, Missionaries, and Masturbation

A place to post Polls.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

If you served a full-time mission, how often (if at all) did you masturbate while on yours?

Never
23%
Once or twice
14%
3 to 5 times
6%
5 to 10 times
6%
10 to 25 times
4%
About once a month
9%
About twice a month
12%
Weekly
18%
So many times I can't remember or count
8%

Total votes : 100

Re: Mormons, Missionaries, and Masturbation

Postby be64 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Various leaders have made statements to the effect that masturbation brings upon anperson guilt and shame and loss of the Spirit. However it’s my feeling that the person experiences guilt, shame and loss of the Spirit because they are taught to do so. I don’t believe a child feels guilty about masturbation until he is made to feel guilty. I don’t think it comes naturally. However I’ll admit that that could apply to number of commandments.

In a regional conference broadcast last year one of the speakers said “The Spirit will not abide anger or sin of any kind.” I won’t say who said it because you aren’t supposed to record and distribute what is said by general authorities at stake and regional conferences. Anyway, I thought this statement was a little strange. Following that line of thinking no one would have The Spirit because no one is without sin. It would mean that I’ve never had The Spirit because I’ve never been without sin. While I recognize that a certain level of worthiness is required in order to have the constant companionship, I don’t believe being sinless is a requirement.
be64

Previous

Return to Polls