26%
No
32%
Maybe
42%

Total votes : 19

Re: Is this forum dead?

Postby Foggia » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:11 am

be64, what equipment do you drive, tractor and auto steer wise? I engineer the green kind and have spent a lot of time testing out the systems. There is definitely a lot of free time in the cabs these days.
Foggia

Postby OkieDokie » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:38 am

Green... I bet you have heard of P and K equipment then .....an orthopedic surgeon that owns i believe 10 green dealerships. And more oklahoma farm land than most anybody around here abouts. And he still does surgery.... Mostly backs.
OkieDokie

Postby be64 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:43 am

Foggia wrote:be64, what equipment do you drive, tractor and auto steer wise? I engineer the green kind and have spent a lot of time testing out the systems. There is definitely a lot of free time in the cabs these days.

Green of course. We have two 8430's and an 8330 with RTK. Our grain combine is yellow and has a much inferior GPS but it still drives straighter than me.
be64

Postby OkieDokie » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:18 pm

be64 wrote:
Foggia wrote:be64, what equipment do you drive, tractor and auto steer wise? I engineer the green kind and have spent a lot of time testing out the systems. There is definitely a lot of free time in the cabs these days.

Green of course. We have two 8430's and an 8330 with RTK. Our grain combine is yellow and has a much inferior GPS but it still drives straighter than me.

I found, over the last 42 years, that pilots, (as a flight instructor I evaluate them) , that always fly with an autopilot have a very difficult time flying well when you turn the auto pilot off. Perhaps many of you are not aware that airline pilots only fly hands on maybe 10-15 minutes of each flight.... A few minutes at landing and a few at takeoff. The rest of the time is hands behind the head watching the clouds go by and listening to the radio for ATC clearance changes. Maybe they even read their blogs while flying also.

So maybe a bit more practice driving would straighten out your path. Do you really need RTK accuracy to within 2 cm?
Yes very straight rows make the neighbors think you are really good. But if you have no terraces, ditches or creeks or trees or oil wells or wind mills to work around, then i suppose why not straight.

I like hands on .. Keeps me awake.
OkieDokie

Previous

Return to Polls