26%
No
32%
Maybe
42%

Total votes : 19

Is this forum dead?

Postby be64 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:58 pm

Is this forum dead? Lately it seems that there is only an average of one or two posts per day. It seems everyone has lost interest. I think it started with the banning of LDM and has been on a steady decline ever since.

What do you think?
be64

Re: Is this forum dead?

Postby OkieDokie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:46 am

No, it started with the non traditional sex being pushed off to the side. Then much later along came LDM to stoke the righteousness fire again . Then he was banned.

This forum feeds on controvesy and titilation , take it away and the fire dims.

Earlier this week at 4am i went out and burned my brush pile in tbe calm of the morning and with dew on the grass. A neighbor from a mile or two south drove by to see what was burning. When he saw me standing next to the fire, pitch fork in hand, he went back home . No barn on fire no excitement.

So goes the forum. Set a barn on fire and people will post.
Last edited by OkieDokie on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
OkieDokie

Postby Rob » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:48 am

It's not clear that the internet needs a place like the one this has become. Who's the audience?

It's very clear to me that members could use a resource where they can discuss ways to strengthen the sexual side of their marriage, learn from each other, etc. But that's not really what happens here.

Hit view active topics right now. Ignore this thread we're in. There are seven active topics. Five of those seven topics are basically:

1. I think what was taught about masturbation in the church was wrong.
2. I think what is taught about modesty in the church is wrong.
3. Do I really have to wear garments like church leaders say?
4. How about those gays in scouts?
5. Hey, come hear this ridiculous thing an old apostle said about homosexuality!

I'm spinning those a little, but hopefully you can see what I mean. This doesn't look like a resource for your life. It looks like the same old debate club you can find anywhere else, but focused on the most sensitive topics around. Why would people choose to spend time here unless they want to win imaginary internet argument points?

Bed time. More thoughts later.
Rob

Postby be64 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:52 am

Rob wrote:It's not clear that the internet needs a place like the one this has become. Who's the audience?

It's very clear to me that members could use a resource where they can discuss ways to strengthen the sexual side of their marriage, learn from each other, etc. But that's not really what happens here.

Hit view active topics right now. Ignore this thread we're in. There are seven active topics. Five of those seven topics are basically:

1. I think what was taught about masturbation in the church was wrong.
2. I think what is taught about modesty in the church is wrong.
3. Do I really have to wear garments like church leaders say?
4. How about those gays in scouts?
5. Hey, come hear this ridiculous thing an old apostle said about homosexuality!

I'm spinning those a little, but hopefully you can see what I mean. This doesn't look like a resource for your life. It looks like the same old debate club you can find anywhere else, but focused on the most sensitive topics around. Why would people choose to spend time here unless they want to win imaginary internet argument points?

Bed time. More thoughts later.

Like Okie said, if a topic isn't controversial nobody seems interested. I think however part of what's going on is that several formerly frequent posters here have started there own conversation group outside of this forum.

This forum is about sexuality, and these topics are about sexuality. If there seem to be complaints about teachings it is because many here are trying to overcome sexual dysfunction brought on by what may have been inappropriate teachings about masturbation, modesty, homosexuality etc. Not that what has been taught has been incorrect necessarily, but the manner in which it has been taught may have had negative effects on the sexual and emotional health of some individuals. Clearly those who have no sexual issues would have no interest in this forum, but the topic you point out may be sticking points that some here need to discuss in order to work out their sexual problems and hang ups.
be64

Postby beachdreamer » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:48 am

I have enjoyed this forum. But it seems many of the regulars have not been around lately. I really like to hear the women's perspective. They don't seem to post much.
beachdreamer

Postby Foggia » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:38 pm

What forum did they all go to?
Foggia

Postby be64 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:33 pm

Foggia wrote:What forum did they all go to?

Not a forum, but a private instant messaging sort of thing. I was invited but I couldn't keep up with the instant message thing. I have other things to to other than send messages back and forth all day.
Last edited by be64 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
be64

Postby Foggia » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:35 pm

Interesting. Thanks.
Foggia

Postby JustGettingBy » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:54 pm

For me it comes to time and interest. I am spending much of my time working on my faith crisis. I don't have much time after that (and work, callings, and just life). Also I reached a point of not working much on my relationship with my wife and counseling on my stress and depression. So I stop by once a week and I have noticed the # of posts are down. Over the years this has gone up and down over the years.
JustGettingBy

Postby be64 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:29 pm

JustGettingBy wrote:For me it comes to time and interest. I am spending much of my time working on my faith crisis. I don't have much time after that (and work, callings, and just life). Also I reached a point of not working much on my relationship with my wife and counseling on my stress and depression. So I stop by once a week and I have noticed the # of posts are down. Over the years this has gone up and down over the years.

I hope I am not adding to your faith crisis. I don't want my posts to negatively affect anyone.
be64

Next

Return to Polls