Who has not read "To Young Men Only" ?

A place to post Polls.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

Who has not read "To Young Men Only" ?

Postby be64 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:54 pm

I was just wondering if anyone here has not read the pamphlet To Young Men Only. Also have young women been given the same sort of anti-masturbation lessons that young men have or is it presumed that masturbation is only a young man problem.
be64

Re: Who has not read "To Young Men Only" ?

Postby mariabronn » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:00 pm

I believe it's just something young men do, cause good girls don't masturbate, right? There's an unwritten assumption that only men masturbate.

[You all know I was KIDDING, right, about girls and masturbation?]
mariabronn

Postby JustGettingBy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:17 pm

mariabronn wrote:I believe it's just something young men do, cause good girls don't masturbate, right? There's an unwritten assumption that only men masturbate.

I would agree that is the assumption and I think it is because it is much more common among boys, but I don't think.it is at all an absolute.

As a youth I was very familiar with the booklet.
JustGettingBy

Postby Momgyver » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:51 pm

JustGettingBy wrote:
mariabronn wrote:I believe it's just something young men do, cause good girls don't masturbate, right? There's an unwritten assumption that only men masturbate.

I would agree that is the assumption and I think it is because it is much more common among boys, but I don't think.it is at all an absolute.

As a youth I was very familiar with the booklet.

I think it is very common among girls too, simply not acknowledged, nor talked about.
“Love cannot live where there is no trust.” Edith Hamilton
Momgyver

Postby Allison » Sun May 03, 2015 7:57 pm

My experience leads me to believe it is very common among girls. I think it's easier for many girls to avoid doing it but that, if they aren't taught specifically not to, most girls will discover it and do it much like boys.
Allison

Postby mariabronn » Mon May 04, 2015 7:29 am

This topic came up in my home and my son was dumbfoundead, as my son didn't think the girls masturbated; he didn't say WHY he doubted it. Maybe boys and some men disregard female masturbation out of ignorance. Females don't have a cock they can grab so what would they play with? I am just guessing at what they might be thinking.
mariabronn

Postby OkieDokie » Mon May 04, 2015 10:35 am

Never read it. Glad I never did.
Sexual ignorance of youth is very prevalent in many religions, LDS especially I believe.

Too bad "ignorance is blessed" is thought to be correct teaching.
OkieDokie

Postby KSSunflower » Mon May 04, 2015 12:32 pm

I thought it was "Ignorance is bliss." I think it's more along the lines of if you don't know bad things, then you won't worry about it. Therefore, you can live in happy ignorance. I don't think it's a call to be uneducated or unwise, which the church teaches us are both important.
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby mariabronn » Mon May 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Okie is Jes being funny . . . Dats all.
mariabronn

Postby OkieDokie » Mon May 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Even when I try to make a point .. It goes zipping overhead.
Generally people seek knowledge,true, unless someone wants you to be ignorant so you can be more easily manipulated ...they consider your " ignorance is blessed" so you do not question about what they want you to not know.

BTW I do not try to be funny .. I am actually a grouchy old man that sleeps with a Smith and Wesson 9mm . But I did get rid of my beard and mustache ... So now I do look a bit funny. Instead of distinguished and prosperous. :D
Last edited by OkieDokie on Mon May 04, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OkieDokie

Next

Return to Polls