Guys Did You Masturbate When You Were Younger

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes : 73

Re: Guys, When You Were Younger...

Postby be64 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:16 pm

cmfray wrote:Would still like to know who the prophets were that condemned it throughout the ages. I have found none - except for SWK. I also think it is interesting that it says from a gospel sense it is a sin - and then quotes SWK saying it is an indiscretion. And for the record - that talk was given before he was called to be the Prophet. Don't know that that fact makes a difference. I just find it interesting.

Merrium Webster definition - indiscretion

: lack of good judgment or care in behavior and especially in speech : lack of discretion

: an act or remark that shows a lack of good judgment : an indiscreet act or remark

See the word sin, or anything like it??

SIGH!!!!

Ok - this has all been said before - in the 100's of threads on this topic. I am just pointing out that, unfortunately in my view, this will still be taught widely as doctrine because they included this reference in this new lesson.

You beat me to what I was going to say.

I avoid masturbation in case I am wrong but a part of me thinks that masturbation is the intended natural outlet for pent up sexual tension. Elder Packer might think that wet dreams are that outlet, but wet dreams do little in my opinion to release built up tension and in any case women don't have wet dreams so what is their outlet suppose to be? I would like to know the real source of anti masturbation teachings. It certainly isn't from the scriptures. The way President Kimball said it, it seems to me that he was just repeating what he had been taught by his church leaders. Just handing down the traditions of his fathers. Virtually every reference to masturbation in the church literature is just repeating what President Kimball said.

A part of me thinks that satan is the source of the teaching in order to deprive good people of pleasure, and to cause uncontrollable sexual tension which may lead to "real" sexual sin and destroy a person spiritually. But like I said, I avoid it in order to be on the safe side.
be64

Postby cmfray » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:33 am

I don't avoid it. I am married and allowed sexual "behavior" between me and my husband! Besides this indiscretion is one of the least of my indiscretions, I think. I guess I have too much of the natural man in me. And I like him in me. Pun intended! (Snicker)

Carry on, I did not mean to derail this poll, and besides, last time I looked, I am not a guy. I crashed the guy party, had some fun, and now I am out of here.
cmfray

Postby cmfray » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:36 am

Oops...should have answered the question first. Yes, I masturbated when younger. Contrary to the belief of some, we girls do that too. Out of here!
cmfray

Postby OkieDokie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:00 am

24-3

Guess that confirms it... I am almost a eunuch
OkieDokie

Postby BBoy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:00 pm

cmfray wrote:It's in the reference - Parent's Guide Chapter 5 - Section titled "Teach Teenagers That They Can Control Desires for Physical Intimacy".

Masturbation is not physically necessary. There is already a way by which the male system relieves excessive spermatic fluid quite regularly through the nocturnal emission or wet dream. Monthly menstrual flow expels the female’s egg and cleanses the womb. For both sexes, physical or emotional tensions can be released by vigorous activity. Thus, in a biological sense, masturbation for either gender is not necessary. In a gospel sense, it is a sin: “Masturbation, a rather common indiscretion, is not approved of the Lord nor of His Church regardless of what may have been said by others whose ‘norms’ are lower. Latter-day Saints are urged to avoid this practice” (Spencer W. Kimball, Love Versus Lust, Brigham Young University Speeches of the Year [Provo, 5 Jan. 1965], p. 22).

Nothing new - same old. Still quoting SWK's 1965 talk. The manual was written in 1985. Time for an update???

So it's not in the new FHE lesson directly. That's interesting. The Parent's Guide has lots of good information in it and can still be quite helpful, but I find the equating of wet dreams to menstruation extremely disturbing. A wet dream is the body's way of telling a boy that he hasn't been taking care of something. If God meant for boys to not masturbate, he would have made it a bloody event and involved cramping in some way (just like menstruation!). That doesn't mean that boys shouldn't try to do it less often as part of their learning to control their bodies.
BBoy

Postby Bryan_LDS_husband » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:50 pm

Discovered it at the age of 12. Was instantly hooked.
Bryan_LDS_husband

Postby BBoy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:52 pm

I'm still hooked.

How did you discover it?
BBoy

Postby mariabronn » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:09 pm

You are ALWAYS WELCUM here, CMFRAY
mariabronn

Postby Bryan_LDS_husband » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:20 pm

BBoy wrote:I'm still hooked.

How did you discover it?

... Not sure if this question was aimed at me or not, but if so...

The normal way, I think. Happened to notice that it felt great to rub. Kept doing it. Noticed that I got hard when rubbing. Then one day, I was happily rubbing away when the feeling started to change. Something deep was happening, growing, powerful, sweet. I sensed that if I stopped rubbing, the sensation would go away, but that if I kept rubbing, I would soon pass a point of no return... like I was stroking towards a cliff, or a waterfall, and that I would soon slip over if I kept going... and that at the end of it, something was going to come up and out -- with force.

I had no earthly idea what to expect if I kept going, but I knew that the feeling was profoundly enjoyable, so with a little intrepidness and a great deal of curiosity, I let myself slip over the waterfall.

I watched my erection as I felt the sensation of that first powerful pulse, really curious to see what was about to shoot out of it. I shot straight up, and a long ways, as I recall. Then it kept coming, in blissful, powerful waves of eruptions. I sat there in awe watching it happen. And before it ended I understood two things:

1) Sex
2) I was going to be doing a LOT of this

When I say I understood sex, what I mean is, I'd already had "the talk" but it had made zero sense to me. As I watched my first orgasm happen, it all clicked in my head. Why my penis got hard, how it would fit into a vagina. How a guy gets a girl pregnant. What an orgasm is. That I had just tricked my penis into thinking it was having sex.

And when I say that I knew I was going to be doing a lot of this, I was absolutely right. At the age of 12 (and just barely at that) I became an almost daily masturbator.
Bryan_LDS_husband

Postby mariabronn » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:18 pm

Does the tradition continue, Bryan? Still a daily masturbator? or a bit less frequent now?
mariabronn

PreviousNext

Return to Polls