Banning of Latter Day Marriage

A place to post Polls.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

Re: Banning of Latter Day Marriage

Postby Kiss » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:43 pm

I haven't been here for 6 mths, and okie emailed me ( as we are voxer mates) that ldm had been banned.
As much as I loved him on Laura's site and told him so, I just found it too much to have comments by people dissected by him and to have every paragraph answered with the churches views.
( or his own, who knows...) but to not be able to say his opinion and leave others to state their own, and not have it dissected...was too much. So I left.
I was also changing my ways of thinking back then , reading hay house authors and trying to have a more positive approach to life, that I found the forum like KSS, at the end of a spectrum, I was now moving away from .
Along with ldm's constant views forced on people , in every thread..I left.
I have only read this thread, ( I see there are still lots of masturbation threads!?? ;) )
I was picky before re which threads I read, ...cos I didn't want those images in my head.
I feel this forum is good, for helping those voice their concerns if they can do it in an environment that is safe and loving and helpful.
So I am going to come back and see how it goes.
I have met some lovely people on here in real life ( we had a lunch last year in salt lake) and I love them to bits, along with some very supportive women, I haven't met but I know are here to help others, and I know of one guy on here..who actually worked out he knew me from when I was a teenager in real life...small world, so I would still like to state my opinions and feel they won't be chopped up and ' answered' when they are just my thoughts and if ldm feels he needs to log back on here as someone else, he needs new meds, as someone like that, has got other motives if he can't respect the moderators and owner on here, then it really was all about him...

I'm sure he won't, if he is ' normal' but who knows...
I'm willing to risk it !
Happy new year everyone. May 2015 be a good one for everyone !!

:D
Kiss

Postby JustGettingBy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Welcome back Kiss!
JustGettingBy

Postby OkieDokie » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:23 pm

I think I might be one of those moths KSS. I thought I would be successful staying away but I was not. Not being married not being sexual... Just like HDM stated many months ago "why is he here? I notice HDM has not posted in some time.

I did make a few contacts with people that I have maintained communication with outside this forum. Even was invited to visit and stay with one couple last summer. My schedule did not permit, but , I hope to make that 40 hour round trip drive one day. They were one of the 7 Christmas cards I received. Three of the 7 were my dentist, my insurance agent, and my car dealer. So now you know how many friends I have.

Well I made a mistake returning. I originally came here intrigued by Joe & Christy's ability to remain active LDS and have raunchy sex with any stranger she might meet walking down the street. I do not condem her . Not my job. I even tried defended her as she was bludgeoned in her infamous thread. Well I got caught up in all the ferver. I have not benefited myself nor anybody else here. So ....

Again, I had nothing against LDM . He was well read. And pretty much correct in everything he stated. But he was like a bull dog with a bone not a person for a fragile person to joust with..... ...

.Seems most of those that I had made outside friends with have left. I knew they were not here when I returned. Perhaps I should have been intelligent enough to stay away myself.

But, I am a lonely person .. Not saying I will not return but I intend to do my very best to not return.

Should I ever become an active LDS again, it will be through efforts of those that are no longer here or never here not the bulk ofthose that remain.

Well KISS ... You returned while I was writing this . I guess we bumped noses going through the door . Well anyway doors are bi directionall. You know my real name, my address , real email along with three others from here and you have seen my hermitage, my yard and my surroundings, AND MY SEPTIC TANK, and Your SEPTIC TANK via Voxer and I have seen the top of your house via google earth. Let me know how it goes here. Maybe I can get to NZ and visit that nude beach not far from you. ..
OkieDokie

Postby Kiss » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:55 pm

:ugeek:
Thank you okie and just getting by!!!
Let's go commando together.
Kiss

Postby cmfray » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:05 pm

KS - I was sorry to read your post that you are leaving this forum, but I understand. I just want you to know that you have been a good influence here and I always appreciated your honesty and the way you challenged me to think deeper. If anything I wrote was a negative influence, or was offensive to you or anyone else in anyway, I sincerely apologize. You will definitely be missed by everyone!!

I will keep you in my prayers and hope you find the strength to do what you feel you need to do. Take care!
cmfray

Postby cmfray » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:06 pm

Welcome back Kiss! You and your humor were missed!
cmfray

Postby bosshog » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:37 am

KSSunflower wrote: My testimony is weaker than when I arrived here.

KSS I'm sad to see you go. You have been a positive influence for me on the site and like cmfray if anything I have said has caused problems I'm sorry.

I agree with a lot of what you have said. I feel there is a pretty large group that come here to justify their actions. The whole "This mormon is doing it" thing. We're we can get together and talk each other into pushing the boundaries like a mob. Lately I've been hearing a lot of conversation about how wrong the church is and now following our leaders makes us mindless sheeple. I'm a firm believer that sometimes the Lord asks us to do something that has no "purpose" in our mind. He just wants to know if we will do what he asks. Abraham and Issac for example. There was no doctrine for Abraham to sacrifice Issac, the Lord wanted to know if he would do what he was told. Does that make him mindless?

So I'm staying to try and be a voice on the side of doing things just for the sake of obedience. I've come to this conclusion over the last week or so as I've been struggling with other things. I still think there is the church, and then there is the doctrine. I wont always just do what I'm told. But when A prophet asks me as a member to do, or not do something I'll do it.

Welcome back Kiss. I've been thinking about you over the last week too. I've missed your witty comments.
bosshog

Postby be64 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:33 am

I've not been too concerned about what I have posted here because I knew if I went too far with what I have said that LDM would set me straight. I guess if he is not here I'll have to monitor my posts more carefully.

I will add that there are some here who complain about seeing M threads. Well, the way I found this forum was by doing a search on that topic. I would not be here if it were not for M discussions. I have tried to get a better understanding of the topic both for myself, and for how I should teach my sons. I'm not too interested in many of the other topics discussed. When I see a topic that doesn't interest me I simply don't read it and I'd suggest some of you do the same. I don't see any point in criticizing people for the topics they post. If you aren't interested in a thread topic then don't read it and don't post comments in it and don't complain about those who do.
be64

Postby Kiss » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:37 am

Cheers bosshog, Thank you
I agree...my New Years res was to ' just be obedient '
The end.
Cmfray...mwa mwa

Be64, I agree

How long does it take to feel guilt? About 2 seconds..right.
But I'm not going to let people , make me feel guilty if I shouldn't be. Like I didn't finish the Book of Mormon twice this year, which is what our area authority said we had to do. I'm at alma 37 second time around, but not finished.
BUT. I don't feel guilty, so therefore I'm going to take it as HF is pleased I got to alma 37 twice around and just keep going. Good job.
Normally I wouldn't listen to the Holy Ghost, and would pretend to feel guilt. When there was nothing there.
If the Holy Ghost tells me something re guilt..and he will, and he is better at it than people making me feel guilt, then I will listen. Then I will be obedient
The letter re the oral sex, ldm felt it was their interpretation and we didn't have to follow it ?????
Ay,
???
Normally when the first presidency write a letter,..it's not just their opinion, it's gods. So we had a big argument about it and it got us no where. ( with ldm , on a thread)
Cos all of us were like..it's true, now it is reneged..maybe, but what to do..the dilemma etc!!? :(

So if we all just take a moment and listen and if we don't feel guilt for kissing our spouses wherever we and they want...then all good. Surely that is all we need. Don't bring extra guilt into our lives, or marriages that isn't necessary.

If you don't like it, that's different, that's not guilt.
If you are living so you have the Holy Ghost, then he will guide you ...use him.
If he says, "oi" ( which means you feel guilt) about thinking about your co worker..but justifying it that it is just a casual friendship. Listen up!!! It's not :o . Fix it..change jobs, move States.. Do whatever so you do not wreck your life.

As you read things on here, don't judge, just think I couldn't do that, or I might try that and if it feels ok to you...that's all you need.
If others are doing things you know are breaking commandments, that's none of your business.
Sure, express what you do ( ie I don't buy anything on the sabbath as I feel that breaks it but that's how I live and if you want to attend sports and HF has answered your prayers about doing that, then your call etc etc )
but
It's a public forum, they might be lying etc
Listen to your gauge, and follow that.

Anyway, that's going to be my barometer for here. Others can live how they want, and if they want some ideas or help, happy to share but I will try not to judge . In the end, I have to have a clear conscience and peace. Full stop.
Im not going to feel guilt if there is none cos someone read the Book of Mormon in a week, they massage their hubbies thing every night, they wear bikinis etc.

I will try and be obedient to the Holy Ghost who will teach me....

Anyway, that's probably enough from me tonight!!
:lol:

Go ' obedience!!'
Meaning are you better this year, than last...?
Last edited by Kiss on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiss

Postby Kiss » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:44 am

Be64... Hellooo, you have been working out!
Happy new year to mrs Be64

:mrgreen:
Kiss

PreviousNext

Return to Polls