Buying Panties as a Teen

A place to post Polls.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

How did you buy panties growing up and did your parents restrict what you could wear?

Bought them on my own with no restrictions
43%
Bought with mom's approval
36%
Mom bought them for me
21%

Total votes : 14

Buying Panties as a Teen

Postby Allison » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:00 pm

I recently had a discussion with a girl my age about missing wearing sexy underwear after going through the Temple. She was really surprised that I wore sexy panties for a long time before becoming endowed. She mentioned that her mom and dad wouldn't let her wear what they thought was sexy underwear because there was no point to it. The only reason to wear sexy underwear was to arouse either yourself or a spouse and she didn't need to be doing either. It made me extremely curious how other women experienced this growing up.

This is obviously a question for the sisters in here but if men know how this worked for their wives, sisters or friends, feel free to share.
Allison

Re: Buying Panties as a Teen

Postby Momgyver » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:40 pm

I said no restrictions, but I am also an adult convert.
“Love cannot live where there is no trust.” Edith Hamilton
Momgyver

Postby KSSunflower » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:09 am

My parents aren't members but I never had any restrictions. I didn't shop at Victoria Secret or anything, I just bought regular cotton bikini style panties. I bought a thong once but didn't like it at the time. I couldn't understand why anybody would. It felt like I had a wedgie. So I didn't do that again for a while.
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby Allison » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:49 am

The person I reference told me she wasn't allowed to buy things that were too colorful, had stuff written on them, had bows, too much lace etc. Think of the panty bins at Target as off limits. White briefs were pretty much it. She said it wasn't as if she was constantly told she couldn't buy anything else but it was the unspoken rule. A couple of times she'd pick up something different at the store and she would just be asked why she "needed those." Her mom also would just buy them for her periodically to avoid having to go pick anything out.
Allison

Postby Momgyver » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:06 am

Allison wrote:The person I reference told me she wasn't allowed to buy things that were too colorful, had stuff written on them, had bows, too much lace etc. Think of the panty bins at Target as off limits. White briefs were pretty much it. She said it wasn't as if she was constantly told she couldn't buy anything else but it was the unspoken rule. A couple of times she'd pick up something different at the store and she would just be asked why she "needed those." Her mom also would just buy them for her periodically to avoid having to go pick anything out.

How sad...
“Love cannot live where there is no trust.” Edith Hamilton
Momgyver

Postby Allison » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:10 am

I love thongs!

When I was pretty young, I remember, when seeing a thong on a store mannequin, asking my mom why someone would wear underwear like that. She said it was to keep people from seeing your underwear through certain clothes and to feel sexy. I asked her if she had any and she said she did.

I always thought they were super sexy and "adult." When I was in 7th grade, we went back to school shopping and my mom just told me to go pick out some new underwear. I picked up my first thong. I was a little nervous about what my mom would say but she saw the cashier ringing it up and said nothing. I was so excited I wore it to bed that night. I felt sexy and secretly more mature. Whatever discomfort was completely eclipsed by my newfound sexiness and maturity ;)
Allison

Postby KSSunflower » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:35 am

I have come to appreciate them now.

Did your dad ever show disapproval or uneasiness with your wearing thongs at that age. Did he know?

I saw something on TV once with a dad doing laundry. He sees some sexy underwear thinking they are his wife's and asks her about them. She informs him they are his daughters and he looks mortified. Lol.
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby Allison » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:47 am

He never cared. He was part of some of my bigger sex talks (most were still with mom) and he didn't have any problem with my innocent expressions of my sexuality. He always said his biggest concern wasn't that I would end up having sex but that decisions I would make regarding sex might limit me in other ways. We talked a lot about people my parents knew (and some that I did too) who started having sex young and how it affected them. Not just unwanted pregnancy but commitment to people that would grow to be a bad fit for them. I look back at some of the crushes I was tempted to be sexual with growing up and I think that sex might have convinced me to commit to guys I now realize would not have been a good fit for me. That was always my dad's biggest concern and we talked openly about it many times. He didn't care that I wore thongs or bikinis or short shorts or that I sometimes got a little too flirtatiously physical with guys...he just wanted me to end up with a loving man who would really compliment my whole personality. Now I'm crying, thinking about my dad. I love him so much :)
Allison

Postby KSSunflower » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:53 am

That's awesome you could talk with your dad like that. He sounds like a really good dad.
KSSunflower

Postby Allison » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:12 am

I've come to realize that all little girls talk their daddies' ears off. What I have always loved about my dad is that he ALWAYS talked back. We talked all the time. If he couldn't think of anything to say, he would ask me random questions like whether I thought a T-Rex actually sounds like how they're portrayed in the movies. He said he'd never heard a reptile roar and wasn't entirely sure a T-Rex didn't sound like a total sissy :)
Allison

Next

Return to Polls