In a typical day, how often do you think about sex?

A place to post Polls.

Moderators: zookie, Mrs J, mariabronn

In a typical day, how often do you think about sex?

I am a woman and hardly every think about sex in a typical day (0 -1 times a day).
2%
I am a woman and think about sex a few times a day (2 - 5 times a day).
2%
I am a woman and think about sex several times a day (6 - 10 times a day).
2%
I am a woman and think about sex a lot on a typical day (11 - 30 times a day).
9%
I am a woman and think about sex quite often during a typical day (more than 31 times a day).
4%
I am a man and hardly ever think about sex during a typical day (0 - 1 times a day).
No votes
I am a man and think about sex a few times a day (2 - 5 times a day).
11%
I am a man and think about sex several times a day (6 - 10 times a day).
24%
I am a man and think about sex a lot on a typical day (11 - 30 times a day).
33%
I am a man and think about sex quite often during a typical day (more than 31 times).
11%

Total votes : 45

Re: In a typical day, how often do you think about sex?

Postby BBoy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:57 pm

I agree that the number of times one thinks about sex is a multivariable equation (with age and gender being fairly dominant variables). I don't think I think about sex any less now than I did when I was 15. I'm not sure why that would be, but for me, now that I'm 50, I thankfully don't need to act on those thoughts near as much to not go crazy from hormones.
BBoy

Postby jamesdean » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:19 pm

As long as we're talking mathematically, the number of times I think about it on any given day is inversely proportional to the amount of stress I'm experiencing.
jamesdean

Postby BBoy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Same here, James.
BBoy

Postby jojay3 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:05 pm

I think about sex a lot, and I love it. Keeps me sane with the little munchkins around!
jojay3

Postby BBoy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Ha! I would have thought that having lots of munchkins running around would discourage thoughts about sex....
BBoy

Postby KSSunflower » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:32 pm

BBoy wrote:Ha! I would have thought that having lots of munchkins running around would discourage thoughts about sex....

It can go either way. Your mind can go wherever you chose it to go.
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby BBoy » Thu May 01, 2014 1:46 pm

I wish that were true.
BBoy

Postby KSSunflower » Thu May 01, 2014 2:22 pm

It is true, to an extent. I think kids disrupt my thinking now and then, but it does occur if I allow it and take the time.

I may not always control what pops in or interupts my thinking, but I can place things in my mind to take over whatever was there previously.
"It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover." ― Marge Piercy, “Sensuality is not a sexual invitation, it’s a depth invitation.” ― Lebo Grand http://mormonsexualdialogue.boards.net/, http://www.chatzy.com/24691190515294
KSSunflower

Postby BBoy » Fri May 02, 2014 5:36 pm

jojay3 wrote:I think about sex a lot, and I love it.

I think that is terrific. I'm going to be more like jojay3.
BBoy

Postby Jgtrs » Mon May 05, 2014 2:42 am

For me there's quite a bit of variance from one day to the next, or one week to the next. I think an interesting follow up question or survey, CM, would be to see if there's a correlation between how many times one thinks about sex and how often one is having sex. I think that for MEN, there would be a negative correlation, and for WOMEN, there may be a positive correlation. Heh.

When I wasn't having sex very often with my wife, I found that I was thinking about sex VERY frequently. Interestingly, and I have probably mentioned this before, there were times in the "dry" years where I felt I was very susceptible to cheating or falling into temptation of some sexual nature. But for the grace of God went I, I suppose, because fortunately I never had the opportunity to cheat fall in my lap during those weaker times. Now that times are great, I probably think about sex less often than during the leans years, because that need is being fulfilled. I stay, most of the time anyway, sexually satiated. So, while I still think about sex, I'm sure I think about it in a somewhat different way... healthier way, I would hope.

Also, there are times when life gets extremely busy that I might not think about it much at all. Just this past week my wife and I went a whole week without having sex, which is unusual for us. Neither one of us realized it, though. I'm sure we would have gladly made time for it had either one of us thought about it, but it just didn't come up because we were so busy taking care of work, family, and other responsibilities. It was Friday and we realized, "Oh, this is our date night! And, wow, we haven't connected since last Friday!"
Jgtrs

PreviousNext

Return to Polls